VP of Program Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203884
Position Title: VP Product Management
This role is responsible for leading a team and has oversight for existing engineering processes and leading future process improvements. This role will help manage all product life cycle phases including: strategy, concept, scoping, development, controlled release (beta), General Customer Availability (GCA) as well as key ongoing maintenance processes. Further, the role will facilitate and coordinate the annual strategic planning process for Teradata Product and Technology. The incumbent will also facilitate and lead the annual budget cycle input and the capital plan.
- Lead a team of Program Managers, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters
- Program management and technical expertise managing development-to-production transition programs and so responsible for Wing-tip to Wing-tip program execution.
- Accountable for Program Metrics such as tech debt, automation, NFRs- performance, security, etc.
- Runs efficiency exercises: Value Stream Mapping, profile rationalization, etc.
- Owns SDLC process.
- Maintains the Strategic Plan and facilitates the annual strategic planning process engaging various stakeholders
- Monitor team/business unit performance and provide general oversight to the business P&L Managing and tracking of team/business unit budgets working in partnership with Finance. Provide periodic reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Serve as an effective change agent and advocate for the Product and Technology, evangelizing the appropriate messaging in all interactions.
- Managing the Teradata releases for all phases of development from Concept to Release developing best practices and applying continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, action item tracking and managing release content.
- Lead teams which includes cross-functional members representing product management, engineering development, marketing, sales deployment (Americas & International), training, publications, customer services, professional services, and Teradata partner products, to bring a product through the program realization process and to final general customer availability (GCA).
- Assist with development of technical product requirements as well requirements related to product supportability, education, and training.
- Support product management activities related to open Teradata product offerings including pricing, revenue and market share projection, and results tracking.
- Manage the product roadmap and execution for Teradata open features and product variants.
- Manage Teradata partner relationships, supplier contracting, and the leveraging of OEM partner solutions.
- Coordinate customer, competitive, ROI analysis, and market research activities to document and drive priorities and requirements.
- Reach out to key customers and conduct requirements.
- The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with R&D managers to streamline engineering processes with a goal of simultaneously improving quality, content delivery and schedule.
- The candidate must be able to look across a broad spectrum of new technologies and engineering process methodologies to formulate and drive improvements into the daily processes used by the platform team and peer organizations.
- Passionate about the challenges of understanding how highly complex, massively parallel processing systems behave.
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams.
- Proficiency in working with extremely large data sets in a distributed computing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Positive attitude and intellectual curiosity are must.
This position is located in San Diego. This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in organization and time management where scheduling priorities and efficiency in system configuration is essential. The selected candidate will possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline + 10 years in related project management and engineering management required for this role.
- Master of Business administration, advanced technical degree or equivalent work experience is desired.
- Appropriate certifications (PMP, MBA) desired.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to complete detailed work, organize efficiently and team effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of producing results in a team environment
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP of Program Management
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US