UI Front-End Architect
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 203825
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented UI Architect capable of architecting the next generation UI frameworks and applications to empower Teradata’s “Best of Breed” application portfolio. The UI Architect will design and implement frameworks, applications and components to create beautiful user interfaces for the Teradata analytic applications.
- Architect and design the UI framework and best practices used across Teradata Applications for front-end development
- Provide guidance to other front-end engineers across the organization
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Front-end Developers, Service Developers and Product Owners to implement the next generation of enterprise marketing applications
- Work closely with Product Owners and designers to develop beautiful, usable UIs and creative visualizations
- Stay abreast of UI technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing beautiful, usable, high-performance UIs
- Strong understanding of single page application best practices, UI performance optimization techniques, web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- Prior experience with using client side MV* frameworks such as Angular 6.
- Experience integrating UI clients with JSON-based REST services
- Strong understanding of Java and SQL development with a passion for analytics
- Experience with client-side and e2e testing technology such as Karma, Protractor, or Jasmine.
- Experience using a continuous integration stacks and client-side build/dependency management tools such as angular-cli, gulp, npm, JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in web-based UI applications with a passion for the latest technologies
- Java development knowledge is a plus
- 5+ years developing UIs for web applications in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality
- B.S. or M. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: UI Front-End Architect
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US