Support Service Manager
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL
Requisition Number: 203756
Position Title: Service Experience Manager III
The SSM coordinates resources to resolve customer incidents. The SSM provides account management leadership in the strategic planning and implementation of installations, expansions and change controls. This allows us to maximize our profits through efficient use of our resources, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
The Teradata Services Support Manager (SSM) is responsible for managing support services delivery in a geographic territory and for assisting our customers in optimizing their Teradata system investment by recommending actions to improve system availability. The SSM is responsible for matrix management in behalf of the customer with, sales (CS service consultants and Teradata account executives), Global Support Center (GSC), Global Technical Support (GTS), and Engineering (software and hardware). The SSM will, in the most cost effective manner, utilize these relationships to provide account leadership, strategic direction, maximize system availability, customer satisfaction and site team associate satisfaction. The SSM ensures that the Teradata Environment supports the customer’s goals and objectives. The SSM is responsible for identifying services that will help our customers meet their high availability requirements. Identified service opportunities will be discussed with the customer and provided to the sales team for action. The SSM is also accountable for leading the development of implementation, migration and upgrade plans as part of the sales process. Once an order has been received by the sales team, the SSM is responsible for full implementation of the order.
The expectation of leadership is a crucial role of the SSM. They will mentor all levels of CSR’s and provide the quality leadership and guidance needed for those associates being mentored, sharing technical information whenever possible.
Your support is provided by a team of Teradata service representatives seasoned in delivering and maintaining highly available systems. The assigned customer service representatives are intimately familiar with your computing environment, your specific configuration and your support requirements. They provide solutions to prevent and rapidly resolve problems with a mission to ensure that Teradata’s service delivery fulfills your particular requirements and business objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing tactical and strategic insight across the Teradata solution to isolate and prevent problems
- Analyzing Service Performance Reports
- Reconciling system outage data with Customer's technical resources and evaluate the System Availability Reports
- Participating in reviews of overall system availability pro-active service management
- Participating in reviews/changes to existing Teradata support contract
- Working with your support personnel to maintain a stable system environment by recommending critical software patches and maintenance releases
- Ensuring electronic fault notifications generated by Teradata proactive tools are appropriately resolved
- Reviewing and recommending implementation of Teradata Proactive Support Tools to provide the highest level of system availability
- Managing the development and execution of change control plans
- Ensuring regular execution of system health checks to proactively detect potential errors and planning activities to correct before potential errors impact system availability
- Managing all resources assigned to you such as the Critical Support Office, GTS, GSC (described below) to ensure appropriate escalation and allocation to expedite resolution of Severity 1 incidents
- Coordinating Teradata at Your Service training if needed
- Managing on-site parts (if applicable)
- Managing all customer communications for support related issues
This position is 7 X 24 support and is a salaried position.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Facilities & Environmental Planning
- Configuration Planning
- CS Best Practices Implementation
- Change Control Management
- System Availability Reporting
- Service Reporting
- Parts Management
- Management of On-Site Remedial & Preventive Maintenance
- Management of System Upgrades
- Customer Support Plan
- Maintain Service Database
- Manage customer engagement for implementation of Teradata Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA).
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 7 years experience in computer technology or related fields within the last 8 years.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior customer management
- Experience and success working in high pressure environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of database Solution products through a combination of experience and (preferred Teradata) Certifications (client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities)
- 3 years working knowledge of UNIX, Windows, LINUX and Databases within the last 4 years.
- Experience with Database client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, like products, and personal computers.
BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
Knowledge of Teradata, UNIX, Linux, mainframe operating systems (VM/MVS, etc.)
- Experience in Host software (MVS, VM etc)
Teradata Database experience
- Knowledge of disk array archite
- This position reports to the CS Operations Manager Benelux, Teradata Customer Services position
- Required travel is 25% minimum
- Dependent upon customer requirement, position may qualify as virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Support Service Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL