Product Owner, Change Control Automation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203683
Position Title: Product Manager (III)
Product Owner, Change Control Automation and Support - Global Support Organization
Teradata Global Support Operations is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. We are seeking a highly technical and dynamic Product Owner to shape the future technical direction of the GSO System Change Management.
The primary responsibility of this candidate is to guide the technical direction for the automation of system change operations by working across development teams to implement adaptable user stories for the field and customers to consume. A secondary responsibility is to provide guidance and oversight to Service Product Managers, Product Development teams and the System Change Support team with respect to installation, upgrade, migration and backdown (IUMB) features and capabilities.
As the Product Owner of the GSO System Change Team you will be working with product management, engineering, customer services, support and a team of ~15 geographically dispersed developers in helping to define and shape the technical roadmap for the Unified Data Architecture (UDA) and Ecosystem architectures with focus on updating and upgrading the various components within those environments.
Our vision is to enable the customer to achieve continuous delivery of Teradata software updates with minimal downtime, maximum reliability, and high predictability. Specifically, to develop a change management automation system for customer support, which will
- Automate the planning of complex multi-component upgrades
- Reduce customer effort in preparing for a system change event
- Automate the preparation, delivery, and validation of a system change event
- Increase overall customer satisfaction and confidence in adopting new Teradata features and services.
This position is located in San Diego. This is a fast-paced high-tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24.
- Formulate product IUMB strategy and roadmap to meet business requirements based on a competitive market place, industry trends, and product positioning.
- Articulate requirements and business value to Product Managers and Product Development teams
- Understand & provide thought leadership for IUMB processes
- Create, groom, and prioritize product development backlog to achieve roadmap commitments.
- Conduct product presentations and demonstrations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate users for design validation, acceptance testing, and early adoption.
- Coordinate and manage inter-project and inter-organization dependencies and ensure smooth collaboration.
- Assess the capability of products to support system change operations and identify meaningful improvements.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent product ownership skills with strong analytical and business acumen.
- Experience interfacing with a diverse set of stakeholders in executing a development plan.
- Experience with change management automation technology and best practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written.
- Able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations.
- Able to influence people without having direct authority.
- Exposure to providing business critical 24/7 software product customer support to large customers.
- Excellent understanding of agile principles and experience in Scrum development.
BS or MS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research or related fields
8 years of experience in software product ownership and/or engineering management.
This position is located in San Diego, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner, Change Control Automation
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US