Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203361
Position Title: CSR Manager (I)
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata Global Support Organization is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. We are seeking a highly-skilled and technology-focused leader to drive the evolution of the Critical Response Team.
The primary responsibility of this candidate is to align with and provide support to Technical Incident Managers supporting real-time SWARMs and subsequent CLCAs (close-loop-corrective actions) in an effort to transform the capability of the organization and improve the customer experience.
This position will be located in San Diego. This is a fast-paced high-tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24. Critical incidents take place globally and this organization will be aligned with regional customer support services teams as well as cloud-based groups.
Key Responsibilities of the team:
* Own the complete lifecycle of a SWARM from process definition to deployment and implementation
* Support all SWARM activities globally when problems occur requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills of the team
* Enforce regular and systemic process control mechanisms to improve SWARM
* Participate in proactive design of new and innovative ways of simplifying future SWARM activities
* Generate requirements to improve KPIs including availability and reliability
* Principally charged with reducing mean-time-to-return-to-service (MTTRS) and mean-time-between-failures (MTBF)
Key Functions of the Problem Manager:
* Communicate and advocate effectively with all levels of roles, in all geographies, across the entire company.
* Align with Technical Incident Managers supporting SWARMs and key interfaces between SWARM members and development groups to drive a reduction in time to return to service (TTRS) and avoid mean time between failure (MTBF) – including aligning appropriate backlogs for dev teams.
* Engage in SWARM to follow/collect artifacts for PMRs (utilizing tools like SLACK, IMP, and RCA methodologies to construct correlative events, timelines, and corrective actions)
* Administer Post-Mortems immediately following a SWARM with all appropriate parties
* Implement quality assurance (QA) methodologies including Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Analysis (RA), 5 Why, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA), etc.
* Manage operational processes to track actions and analyzing patterns across incidents
* Engage Agile / Scrum rituals for respective dev teams to appropriately drive prioritization of backlog for “ilities” (usability, maintainability, scalability, reliability, extensibility, security, portability) with SMEs, key developers and development teams
* Interface with developers, development teams, architects to address future design considerations, SDLC disciplines, and testing enhancements
* Customer Advocate - focus on what is deemed to be the best outcome for the customer
* Apply above across OnPrem and Cloud architectures
Tools & Experience:
* Excel and SQL expert with technical skills to access and mine data sources
* Ability to collect, clean, organize and analyze data with attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong strategic analytical sense to ask and answer key business questions
* Understanding of concepts like FMEA, 5 Whys, 8Ds,
* Experience with Power BI or other BI reporting platforms
* Knowledge of machine learning, predictive and statistical modeling a plus
* Inquisitive, entrepreneurial spirit, and energetic
* Ability to take ownership and deliver results
* Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with database, data warehousing operations, & analytical ecosystems (plus)
* Experience working with process automation software such as ServiceNow or SalesForce
* Experience effectively operating in virtual teams
* Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
* Experience in dealing with varying personalities in stressful situations
* Experience interacting with large enterprise customers at senior levels
* 4+ years experience in data analysis, data science or business intelligence analysis
* BS/BA degree in Stats, Math, Quality Assurance, CIS, Management Information Systems
* ~ 8-10 years experience in computer technology or related fields
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Problem Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US