Senior Product Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 203294
Position Title: Senior Product Manager
Brief About Company:
Teradata is a leading Independent Software Vendor of on-premises and cloud-based Data Analytics software, founded in 1979 in California. Teradata relies on its 35+ years of innovation and works closely with large enterprises to solve their petabyte-scale data management problems. Teradata has a global strength of ~10,000, operating across 40 countries.
Teradata IntelliCloud is a managed as-a-service offering for analytics at scale. The IntelliCloud as-a-service offering is a key driver of the Teradata Everywhere strategy, that aims to provide customers the freedom to analyze anything, anywhere, anytime. As a part of this strategy, Teradata IntelliCloud brings the world’s most powerful massively parallel processing (MPP) analytics platform to multiple public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure), Teradata’s managed cloud (Teradata owned Datacenters), and on-premises environments.
- Drive new capabilities/features or services for Teradata IntelliCloud offerings.
- Engage with customers to evolve product requirements and be the - voice of the customer- in the product planning process.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and positioning of the services and solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go to market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy and tactical work with internal and external partners to enable integrations
- Represent Company at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for defining a scalable, extensible cloud service/platform and will serve as a strong advocate for our customers
- 6+ years work experience in product management in an enterprise software or SaaS company
- Experience with enterprise customers
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required
- A team player with passion, initiative, and leadership ability
- Strong background with Azure and / or Amazon Web Services Cloud Platforms
- Prior experience in enterprise and cloud management (IaaS, Automation, DevOps), platform, and/or SaaS a big plus
- BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering, MS/ MBA preferred
- Travel up to 20%
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN