Senior Software Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Requisition Number: 203092
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata’s Product Development Group is the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation. We have been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
As a Software Engineer you will become a member of a key project in Teradata's Unity Director/Loader Offering. This position will be responsible for working with the Teradata Dual Active leadership in designing, coding, testing, and maintaining database virtualization products for the Teradata Unity D/L program. Successful candidates will have responsibility for the design and implementation of portions of Teradata Director/Loader products, with a focus on C based development. The senior development role includes development and maintenance of new and existing features and all related technologies and required environments to ensure a successful product development life-cycle and delivery. The engineer must be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated development and testing process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, implement and assist in the delivery of the Teradata database virtualization products for the Teradata Dual Active offering
• Utilize Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development best practices
• Responsible for application design, code, unit and integration test, system test and maintenance of Teradata Dual Active applications
• Design and deliver products that meet specifications; ensure high standards in programming quality, style and organization
• Participate in Agile development processes and assist with automated, load and performance testing to support software quality efforts
• Analyze and troubleshoot internal/testing and customer issues
This position is located in the Teradata Toronto facility.
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical and software development skills, and ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have experience in multi-threaded, distributed programming in C and high performance computing environments.
• BS, or relevant, with minimum 7 years related experience
• Software engineering experience, including but not limited to:
• C programming experience
• Perl, shell and other scripting languages
• SQL queries, data modelling and database architectures
• Familiarity/experience with unit, functional and regression testing
• Knowledge of load/performance testing real-time multi-tier architectures
• Experience coding in C, especially for multi-threaded, distributed processes
• Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP, Scrum, etc.
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, Subversion and Wireshark
• Experience with Teradata database ideal
• Experience with SQL, parsing, and low-level communication and networking protocols
• Should be comfortable working on Linux operating systems and some experience with Java programming language is preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA