Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203089
Position Title: Security Engineer (IV)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
The Staff IntelliCloud Security Engineer will be responsible for architecting and engineering the security solutions and processes required by the next generation of Teradata’s IntelliCloud Services. This role will lead the design of cutting-edge scalable and high performing security services that ensure our customers’ data are appropriately protected and monitored and to identify potential security issues. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about security, automation and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
• You are responsible for architecting, engineering, and deploying security services and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments
• Develop next generation security framework and design ensuring adequate levels of security of Teradata IntelliCloud Services deployed on Teradata’s private as well as public cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
• Operationalize security infrastructure to provide security monitoring
• Partner with product management, engineering and operational teams to develop best of breed security architectures supporting compliance (e.g. PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA), customer requirements and operational SLAs
• Provide practical guidance to engineering teams to support the implementation of security controls, guidelines, recommendations and best practices
• Develop and implement Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) processes and (automated/devops) tools
• Assist engineering teams in performing Threat Modeling, identify application threats/vulnerabilities and recommend mitigation strategies
• Assist teams in identifying mitigation approaches for of vulnerability and static/dynamic scan results
• Identify technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience listed below:
• Proven track record designing, documenting and successfully deploying multi-layer security architectures on private and public cloud
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure security models
• Experience delivering security architectures meeting best practice industry security standards
• Strong understanding of database security / Big data (EDW, Hadoop)
• Strong understanding of application security and industry standards and best practices (OWASP / SANS / NIST)
• Strong understanding of SDLC and Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) including performing threat modeling and risk assessments
• Experience designing and implementing API Security and Access Controls (OAuth/SAML, Web SSO, AWS IAM, Federation)
• Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
• 10 years of information technology experience
• 7+ years of security engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in information security/systems or related experience
• CISSP / CCSP certification a plus
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US