Senior Application Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203064
Position Title: Engineer (III)
Senior Application Security Engineer
The Application Security team is an integral part of the Product Security Team at Teradata. We evangelize security at every phase of the software development life-cycle, and work closely with developers to ensure applications are secure from inception through release. Given Teradata’s large portfolio of analytic applications, we are pushing the boundaries of security by scaling threat modeling, source code analysis, and analytic security. Our expertise lies in deep technical understanding of security and are security educators within Teradata and the wider security community. The Application Security team is tasked with building advanced security tools and methods for automating security and are dedicated open source contributors.
The Teradata Application Security Team is looking for someone who is passionate about security and understands the critical role security plays in the Software Development Lifecycle. If you like breaking software and finding the root cause, we need you. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to uncover security issues before the bad guys do and will work with developers to move security to the left in the SDLC. If you evangelize security and love to train developers to build better, more secure software, this position is for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Enable automation of product security testing and find innovative ways to scale the security team
- Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques that impact security
- Work with DevOps engineers to integrate static and dynamic analysis security tools into CI/CD pipelines
- Serve as subject matter expert for static and dynamic analysis security tools
- Interpret security tools and penetration testing results and describe issues and fixes to developers
- Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers
- Develop a product fuzzing system to find security defects and where they reside in source code
Develop company wide security projects to discover security defects in source code, dependencies, and/or other artifacts
- Build metrics to track security defects and automate collection of security information to derive metrics
- Build a metrics collection platform in AWS
- Develop application security and product best practices to standardize security practices
- Provide security guidelines for the organization to protect critical assets and data
- Assist in the software security certification process for the organization
- Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements
Primary Job Skills:
- Self-starter yet work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms.
- Capable of standing up a high-availability application in AWS
- Experience with Cloud and virtualized technology in environments such as AWS, Azure and VMware
- Candidates must be able to explain vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the OWASP Top 10, WASC, and/or CWE 25 to any audience, and discuss effective defensive techniques.
- Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
- Knowledge of the Windows and *NIX operating systems
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of authentication protocols and frameworks to include OAuth, OpenID, and/or AWS IAM
- Familiarity with dynamic and static analysis tools
- Deep understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
- Ability to interpret dynamic/static analysis tools, and penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc).
- Ability to program in Python, Ruby, Java, C, Golang and/or C++
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Familiarity with common reconnaissance, exploitation, and post exploitation frameworks
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Application Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US