Applications Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203006
Position Title: Software Engineer (I) - Non-Exempt
As an Applications Software Engineering, you will work hands-on with the latest Teradata technology stack as you develop and support applications that drive R&D business functions at Teradata. This position will be located in San Diego and will lead to the development of new software, integration with existing tools or third-party applications.
- Work in a team of highly skilled engineers, supporting many tools, utilizing different technologies
- Perform software engineering duties including the full range of programming tasks such as: problem analysis, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, document and support
- Perform code review and analysis
- Provide technical support for both internally developed and third-party solutions
- Ensure adherence to best practices and standards
- Bachelor's in CS or related technical discipline with 3+ years professional experience
- Experience with relational databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with schema-free/NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- Experience with middleware development using REST and/or SOAP
- Experience with server-side and client-side programming for web development
- Experience with at least one interpreted language such as Python, PHP, Perl
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who will work towards meeting team commitments
- Results oriented
- US Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident
- Strong sense of self-motivation for learning new technologies and concepts
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular7 (Angular2+)
- Experience building scalable applications through microservices / containerization
- Experience with data modeling, optimization and database administration tasks
- Experience with software project management methodologies, including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience with time-series databases such as InfluxDB
- Experience with open source visualization tools such as Grafana or Kibana
- Experience with at least one linux shell language such as Bash, Bourne, Korn, etc.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises.
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 9 years running
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US