Location: SHENZHEN, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 202975
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
The Architecture Consultant is highly consultative and first seeks to understand the customerâ€™s business, information, and application requirements. Based on those requirements, the Architecture Consultant will participate in the design and development of an architecture that will be aligned with the clientâ€™s business objectives. While an Architecture Consultant is not expected to be a business process engineer, they should have enough context in the business drivers to continuously communicate the business impact to both the IT and business constituents throughout the process.
The Architecture Consultant brings broad and specific technical knowledge and applies it to the solution development for a specific customer. The development of a client-specific architecture is a highly interactive and iterative process, moving from requirements and concept documents to detailed system design documents. The Architecture Consultant must be a strategic and innovative thinker who finds the right approach for the unique situation while still adhering to a solid set of architecture principles and advocated positions. An Architecture Consultant should not be tied to any one solution alternative, but should consider a full range of alternatives. To support their activities, the Architecture Consultant should be able to leverage standard design documents and Analytic Architecture materials by understanding how they can be customized and applied to the specific situation. The Architecture Consultant should make use of the Teradata Solution Methodology (TSM) to scope and define projects and implement project deliverables. The Architecture Consultant should participate in the development of TSM to make improvements where needed.
The Architecture Consultant defines a target goal state and the requirements to achieve the goal state from the current environment. This role will combine technical ability, business acumen, and an excellent understanding of industry standards and technology trends. The Architecture Consultant will be an integral team member, build relationships with clients (both business and IT), and demonstrate architecture concepts and details. The Architecture Consultant may be the Project Tech Lead on a project. The most senior Architecture Consultants will be asked to provide peer reviews of the architectural approach of other architects to ensure a good solution and as an opportunity to provide continuous mentoring of other Architecture Consultants.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand the clientâ€™s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architectures and articulate linkage to the proposed Unified Data Architecture and application designs.
- Design and develop the architecture, roadmap, and standards for the Unified Data Architecture that will align with the customer business and IT objectives.
- Design and develop architecture for integration of the Unified Data Architecture components into the clientâ€™s enterprise.
- Be a trusted advisor to the clientâ€™s decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in overall Teradata Unified Data Architecture technologies and Teradataâ€™s solution offerings â€“ including the Teradata Data Warehouse, Aster Data Solutions, Hadoop, and Teradata Applications.
- Provide strategic advice to client decision makers on Teradata technologies and solutions that will assist them in achieving their corporate goals and objectives.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- The ability to operate both at the â€œbig pictureâ€ business strategy level and on the detailed technology discussions on a wide variety of topics with the IT side
- Strong consulting skills supported by good communication practices, the ability to facilitate consensus building, and the ability to support the customer in trade-off analysis.
- In depth knowledge of new techniques, models, processes, methodologies, and plans within architecture disciplines. Specifically
- Demonstrated mastery of the Teradata Architecture CUBE and the underlying methodology.
- The ability to apply the Teradata Architecture Principles to all work output and use them as metrics against all propositions, architectures and designs.
- The ability to apply the Teradata Advocated Positions.
- Excellent understanding of industry standards and technology trends.
- Integrates architecture expertise and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Data/Information Centric - Understands the customerâ€™s data from the perspective of how it is used to run their business and how it integrates into Teradataâ€™s LDMs and applications.
- Understands the components of data modeling, Logical â€“ Physical â€“ Dimensional â€“ Semantic, and how they are implemented with Teradata LDMs, Tables, Join Indexes, and Views.
o Should have sufficient experience to work on UNIX & Perl or Python Scripting, multithreading and multiprocess development experience is preferred.
o Should have strong database concepts with an ability to write and tune SQL queries
o Understanding, documenting, and articulating the architecture of high availability of service.
o Understanding, documenting, and articulating the customer's current data warehouse / data mart architecture.
o Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and application designs.
o Design and manage winning POC applications based on customer requirements.
o Expertise in Teradata and Commercial - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata and other commercial options
o Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
o Architecture Framework Expertise - Expertise on Teradata Architecture Framework
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Architecture Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SHENZHEN, Beijing Shi CN