Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202789
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Are you ready to join a company that is revolutionizing Cloud solutions? Software Engineer is an exciting opportunity to develop and support our Cloud-based analytics solutions and services. On our Managed Cloud Team in San Diego, you will define and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions, to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption. With your excellent programming skills and drive for achieving results, you’ll help build new applications and extend the functionality of existing applications to solve our customers’ complex data analytics challenges.
- Designing and developing services with approximately 80-90% of hands-on coding
- Design and develop innovative solutions in the Cloud with the ability to act as a technical lead for one or more services.
- Apply your understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions
- Create a collaborative culture motivating team members to produce valid results
- Coach and mentor junior Cloud engineers in software development techniques and Cloud development (may include remote and offshore consultants)
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience in professional software development and architecture, utilizing Agile methodology or MS degree in Computer Science with 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience with Cloud-based development and systems (such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud (GCloud), and related public Cloud platforms)
- Experience working in large Enterprise Software environments, implementing complex solutions utilizing Cloud services in AWS Lambda, and serverless development (beyond simply EC2)
- Python, Angular, NodeJS, Java etc
What’s in it for you?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US