System Software Engineer
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 202352
Position Title: Software Engineer (I) - Non-Exempt
Teradata’s Product Development Group, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Candidate will actively develop software and solutions as part of the Teradata Engineering team. The focus of the team is to deliver Teradata database software and applications with a focus on multisystem/multi-site data synchronization in critical enterprise environments. The team designs, implements, and tests software associated with enhancements to the Teradata database software with emphasis on extended core capability of the database and provides support associated with these deployments. The candidate will have responsibilities during all phases of the software development life cycle: independently analyzing and enhancing existing designs and implementations or generating new designs and implementations; defining work breakdowns, identifying tasks, and creating project schedules; generating test plans, test cases, and executing and automating tests to validate software using “white box” and “black box” techniques; resolving software issues related to own implementation as well as related other implementations; and contributing knowledge of emerging technologies and processes to enhance our Teradata solutions. The candidate should be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated development and testing process. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player.
- Serve as part of a team that develops and supports the Teradata Platform software that extends the reach of the Teradata software suite of products
- Work individually or side-by-side with other team members (as the situation requires) to design, document, implement, and test software in support of the overall solution using agile methodologies
- Develop test plans and test cases, automate and execute test cases associated with the software being developed
- Perform analysis identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects involving complex software in a parallel processing and multi-system environment
- Projects will consist of multiple team members and the candidate will be expected to work closely with the team leader, scrum master, and team members as well as other groups supporting other components
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality of the Teradata solutions that are developed by the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Java, Perl, C/C++, Python, and other programming and scripting languages
- Excellent grasp of database concepts and operations, SQL, data structures and algorithms to manipulate them
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with parallel processing, concurrency controls, locking protocols, transaction processing and fault isolation in such an environment
- Experience with system debugging in Linux with GDB
- Experience with JSON and XML data-interchange formats
- Experience with analyzing functional and performance issues
- Knowledge of Test development & automation approaches
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as ClearCase, Subversion, and/or Git
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle from concept phase through obsolescence
- Familiarity with continuous integration concepts
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technical skills quickly
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently when appropriate, self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Location: El Segundo, Ca.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: System Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US