Sr. Systems Engineer, Storage & VMWare
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202276
Position Title: Sr. IT Architect (I)
If you’ve got what it takes to be a creative problem-solver, detail-oriented planner, rational decision maker and an all-encompassing leader of the pack, you could be part of the Teradata Information Technology Services team in San Diego. We are looking for someone who has experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs.
As our resident expert in a complex array of storage solutions, you will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. You will research, analyze, design, create and implement systems that meet current and future user requirements.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight, governance and direction for services related to Teradata solution delivery
- Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, while adopting best practice guidelines and procedures for employees, contractors and vendors
- Provides oversight, collaboration, provisioning, management and maintenance of technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment
- Lead operational teams in system updates and configurations, and consult on routine and complex systems development
- Be proactive in escalating degraded or missed service levels. Coordinate with plan and built teams for timely deployment and production support activities
- Manage, monitor and lead service provider outcomes required to ensure operational availability and a zero-defect production environment
- Consult with internal partners and external service providers on performance, including reporting, defining analytics and creating dashboards
- Mentor and train team members and peers as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience or certifications also acceptable.
- 8+ years of experience in data storage technologies, including EMC, SAN, NAS, SAN fabrics
- Proficient with data storage management tools and replication/snapshot technologies
- Strong understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques and tools to ensure high availability of systems
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our sunny San Diego campus, one of the most desirable places in the world. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer, Storage & VMWare
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US