Principal Cloud Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202187
Position Title: Engineer (V)
Come join Teradata, a global data and analytics leader in beautiful San Diego, to help some of the world’s largest enterprises harness data and analytics at scale. We are on the hunt for a technologist who is fanatical about distributed systems Cloud-native software, automation, and operations. To be successful, you will lead the architecture, design, and implementation of the Teradata platform and product as we move towards being Cloud-native. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create a culture rooted in Agile and Test-Driven development methods.
- Define a holistic strategy for operations, including packaging, deployment, elasticity, automation, availability and more
- Review and evangelize Cloud-related technologies, platforms, libraries, and tooling
- Partner with engineering teams to guide implementation of services and capabilities that are highly-scalable
- Create a culture of efficiency, continuous learning, and coaching that allow operators and developers thrive
- Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 15+ years of hands-on technical architecture and software development experience
- 10+ years software platform and/or framework development experience
- Polyglot programmer secure in Go, Node.js, Python, Java and/or C/C++
- Proficient writing software for and leveraging the tools in a UNIX/Linux environment; Strong understanding of Linux containers and orchestration systems (e.g., Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, etc.)
- Knowledge of CAP theorem, consistency models and their relative strengths and weaknesses
- Strong understanding of internet protocols, web services, API development, and high-availability mechanisms
- Solid skills in software methodologies and patterns skills, along with, software development lifecycle
What’s in It for You?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US