Staff Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201878
Position Title: Engineer (IV)-NoCal
Do you describe yourself as a problem-solver and self-starter? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! Teradata is looking for a Cloud Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about developing reliable and scalable systems and wants to build tools that drive automation. As part of the growing Teradata Cloud Team in Bellevue, you build, own and maintain critical infrastructure to support our production operations. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you’ll use modern methodologies and open source tools in an Agile environment to drive design, implementation, testing, and release.
- Building low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs, and the backend support
- Designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems; as well as building end-to-end user service-oriented product experience
- Building and operating highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure services
- Using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations
- Providing regular reporting on how cloud architecture and application design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance
- Working with Teradata technologies and support mission-critical 24x7 systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Verifiable skill in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Understanding of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, and Backbone)
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our beautiful Bellevue, Washington campus, rated one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US