Manager, Governance & Risk Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201848
Position Title: IT Director (I)
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global Data Analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services organization.
The Senior Manager of Information Security Risk and Governance will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security controls implemented at Teradata and provide requirements for risk management. This is a global role with responsibility for responding to information security needs across the entire Teradata corporation.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of managing security steering risk committee analyzing the policy requirements and risks of non-compliance for policy exception approval. Assist in creating the monthly materials for leadership review. Strong interpersonal skills are required to meet with senior leaders and explain the risks and alternatives to meet risk goals. This position will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our security compliance program. Working closely with the business units, to advise on risk, consult on compliance requirements, build security awareness, enforce policies. Establishing and manage organizational operating and executive level metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
Information Risk Governance:
- Assist in development and management of information security steering committee that is a cross functional business lead team to provide direction and business alignment of security team across all of Teradata
Information Security Policy:
- Continuous improvement and alignment of Teradata’s corporate policies, implementation standards, and technical hardening specifications
- Align security policies to ISO27001 international standard
- Understand local cultural differences for global organization and adjust implementation standards to meet business
- Develop policies for specific regulatory and industry standards
- Develop and manage policy deviation process and approvals
Information Security Awareness and Training
- Develop / Manage security awareness training to meet security and regulatory compliance needs
- Develop and Manage ongoing security awareness programs targeted at specific roles within the Teradata echo system
IT Asset Management
- Develop, manage and oversee IT assets management to insure an accurate accounting of IT systems and processes
- Work with teams across Teradata security practices to develop operational, executive and board level metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree required; information security and risk management certifications desirable
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with internal security and compliance
- Experience achieving ISO 27001, SOC 2 Type 2 compliance
- Drafting/enforcing internal security policies
- Experience in IT audit, information security, and compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of various risk and security frameworks
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOX, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR and global data protection and privacy laws
- A general understanding of cloud security challenges and controls
- A good understanding of technologies and controls including hosts, databases, networking, and applications
- Experience presenting and communicating to Executive Management
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Governance & Risk Management
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US