industry Consultant - Finance
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 201398
Position Title: Industry Consulting III
Finance Industry Consultant
Teradata is the acknowledged global leader in data warehouse innovation and analytical solution development. Every day we raise our customers’ intelligence to higher levels, making them more focused and competitive by gathering enterprise information and extracting actionable insight.
Teradata elevates enterprise intelligence by giving every decision maker the insight required for smarter, faster decisions. We add value and reveal opportunity across more dimensions than any competing solution.
In every industry and geography, our technologies and expertise make the difference. Simply put, Teradata solutions make companies smarter and give them the competitive advantage to win. To learn more, go to teradata.com
The Teradata Financial Industry Consultant (FIH IC) leverages knowledge of the industry to promote sales of business and technology solutions from Teradata. The Teradata FIH IC has in depth knowledge of the Data Warehouse industry and specifically in depth expertise in the application of Data Warehousing solutions to enable a ‘best decision possible’ environment
The Teradata FIH IC articulates industry vision and trends, and provides industry knowledge to marketing and sales activities. The Teradata FIH IC will be expected to develop strong relationships within key customers and play an active role in pre and post sale activity, ensuring a long term partnership with Teradata clients.
The FIH IC will also provide business consulting for both Teradata’s prospects and clients. As part of the post-sale responsibility he would work closely with other professional services consultants, professional services management, and sales to ensure that the client’s requirements are properly specified, documented, developed, tested and implemented. In this role FIH IC would as a intermediary between the client’s business users and technical consultants from Teradata.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Acts as subject matter expert in articulating Teradata value to external audiences.
- Lead Consultant for assigned Banking and Financial Services customers
- Domain Lead for banking in general and Financial Markets in particular
- Is able to articulate the value proposition of Teradata versus its major competitors and the ability to covert this into client specific benefits.
- Ability to consult with the client to identify opportunities for business improvement and develop action plans through business needs analysis and to link business objectives to solution offers.
- Work with the Professional Services Delivery team to implement the business capability
- Assists the sales teams develop sales strategies to drive sales and delivery of Teradata enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- Scopes, develops, and proposes business opportunity plans for evolving enterprise data warehouses within Teradata prospects and clients.
- Provides subject matter expertise on client engagements.
- Mentors Solution Sales Specialists, pre-sales and post-sales consultants to infuse domain knowledge into their specific technical/business consulting expertise.
- Present solutions to customers and prospects
- Articulate and document client requirements in support of solution design development.
- Support the technical development team in any functional aspect
- Facilitation of business solution workshops involving participants from senior management to business users.
- Conduct impact and risk analysis for proposed changes and solution options.
- Involve extensively during User Acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure solution developed meet the business requirements
- Previous Work Experience- Sr. Level: Senior level operational responsibility at a recognized Bank or 7+ years actual business consulting with a consultant organization within Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of the Finance Industry. Ideal background would include substantial and recent experience in whole sale and capital markets
- Knowledge and experience of the use of Data Warehousing environments and the use of data to improve business performance.
- High level presentation skills
- Either worked or provided consulting or part of the implementation team on any of the following areas
- Core Banking i.e consumer banking, Wholesale banking ,Trade Finance
- Capital markets with insight into workings of back office, middle office and Product control functions
- Appreciation and knowledge of accounting, reconciliation and control mechanisms at work
- Understanding of and exposure to regulatory requirements and compliance
- Be a liaison between business and technology teams
- Detailed Data Analytics background (SQL based)
- Is likely to have recently held a “Head of” or General Manager Role within a Bank
- Strong Business focus but with a solid understating of the use of Information Technology within the industry
- Selling Skills in organizational politics and business case development
- Provide and develop content to RFP’s and proposals.
- Operational experience in the use of data warehousing/BI environments
- Understanding of Operational Support Systems, Business Support Systems and Decision Support Systems including Analytics, Data Mining, and OLAP tools is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in Logical Data Modeling (LDM).
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Consulting soft skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Business, IT or related degree or equivalent.
- Leads by example
- Operates with a sense of urgency.
- Is Motivated, Innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence and coach others.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: industry Consultant - Finance
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN