Sr. Manager, Engineering (AWS/Cloud)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201121
Position Title: Sr Manager, Engineering
Calling all AWS experts for this exciting opportunity to join Teradata’s fast-growing IntelliCloud™ team with a startup culture! You have an “Automation First” attitude. Be a hands-on leader for a global team of Automation and Cloud Software engineers in San Diego. In an Agile environment, you’ll influence the future of Cloud-based analytics solutions and services on AWS. Using your passion for automation, testing, and efficiency, you’ll create day-to-day processes, and improve the monitoring and development of tools for Cloud services.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for building capabilities and Cloud services on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Apply your understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions
- Build high-performing teams and lead the team to embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for customers
- Create a collaborative culture motivating team members to produce effective results
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with partners across the business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field)
- 5+ years of experience as an established hands-on technical leader of Cloud/Software and Engineering teams in a 24/7 environment
- Experience leveraging third-party Cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- Strong management skills and ability to dive into technical details, as needed
- Experience hosting Cloud services and translating business requirements into secure implemented Cloud capabilities
- Bonus: Teradata database experience
What’s in it for you?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Engineering (AWS/Cloud)
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US