System Support Engineer, Austin
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 205105
Position Title: System Support Field Engineer III
System Support Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Companies are using advanced data analytics to save lives, address environmental issues, improve customer experience and drive operational effectiveness. Supporting complex and mission-critical data warehouse and analytical environments are not about the software or hardware, but about the customer journey and experience. Are you ready to be a part of that journey?
What We Do
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for data warehousing and analytics, coupled with our industry-leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
Our Teradata Customer Services organization is a global team with a local presence. We leverage our extensive experience and world-class tools to enable the very best service and support our customers demand. Using our own advanced analytics tools, technical expertise and operational excellence we partner with our customers on their journey to achieve high-impact business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
As a System Support Engineer for Teradata, you will provide hardware and software support for Teradata customers, including reactive (resolving issues) and proactive work such as system analysis, hardware, and software implementation and upgrades, and account development and planning. You will support large, Linux-based data warehouse and analytics solutions, providing “World Class” service to the world’s largest companies, including 24x7 on-call support with response time and call back commitments.
Interesting Work You’ll Do
- Work directly with the world’s largest companies, supporting mission-critical enterprise data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Support large Linux-based data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Resolve complex hardware and software issues, supported by subject matter experts located throughout the world
- Proactively analyze and update customers’ systems
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual service reviews with customers
- Partner with Sales teams and subject matter experts to identify and implement solutions that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for our customers
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or an electronics technology discipline or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience supporting technology solutions in corporate datacenters within the last 7 years
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/LINUX, DBMS, and Networking, within the last 5 years
- Experience working in customer services and/or account management roles
- Reliable transportation to travel to various local and/or long-distance locations
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and self-disciplined fashion
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Ideally, you will also have the following
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field
- Advanced knowledge of Teradata, UNIX/LINUX, Networking, Mainframe, and Virtual Machine Environments
- Teradata Database experience
- Teradata Certification
- Advanced knowledge of disk array architecture
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: System Support Engineer, Austin
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US