Manager, Audio-Visual Technology
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204998
Position Title: Manager, Network Administration
Teradata Information Technology team is seeking a creative and experienced Senior Manager, to join lead the Audio-Visual Team. As the Senior Manager, you will be the technical expert working with Events, Executive Leadership, Communications and Teradata Customers. This role focuses on the technical strategy, delivery and leadership of Audio-Visual team. Working within the established ecosystem for Teradata, you will need to work with existing teams to create fully integrated solutions to the specific needs of internal customers.
The ideal candidate would be well organized and able to manage large budgets and managing a team that is being built. You should have a firm understanding of technical planning for large AV deployments, and be well versed in everything from lighting, Audio/Video to networking, PC hardware and sound. You must have the ability to lead a team of highly technical individuals with clear precise directives. We are looking for someone that can provide the most utility to the team rather than a master of a single skill.
- Responsible for Technical planning, execution and support of Executive Briefing Centers globally including technical roadmap for launch and integration in to existing systems.
- Ability to deliver global all hands broadcasts from executive leadership
- Tier 3 support of all Televisions, Video Conferencing, Projectors, TV walls and other AV equipment
- Responsible for creating and guiding technical knowledgebase with assistance from department you oversee
- Design, create, and upkeep of main technical documentation for all technical staff on assigned productions
- Directly overseeing and supervising all assigned technical AV engineers
- Manage Budgets, Team and projects
- Main conduit for communicating, and problem-solving large-scale troubleshooting efforts.
- Strong managerial skills
- 12 Years audio visual industry experience
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline with 10 years of specialized experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and work experience
- Experience in Live streaming meeting technologies (Stream, Blue Jeans, Webex, …)
- Familiarity with Cisco Video Conferencing platform
- Ability to manage and deliver global Enterprise briefing Center technology
- Strong people management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert Problem Solver / Troubleshooter
- Firm understanding of Streaming/distribution workflows
- Firm understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Proficient on Windows/Mac
- Able to travel, including international travel
- Creative thinker who can think of new improved methods and tools.
- MUST have an open mind to non-traditional workflows
- Cisco Video Conferencing, Microsoft Office 365, WebEx, Microsoft Stream Live Meeting, Crestron, compression Codec, Networking experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Audio-Visual Technology
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US