Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204985
Position Title: Scrum Master (IV)
Location: Hiring in our San Diego, CA or other Teradata locations
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with Data and Analytics in the Cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their Analytics needs with Cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata is looking for Scrum Master who are passionate in Agile, coach teams to become self-organized and high performing, ensure scrum process is followed, facilitate continuous improvement.
- Coach the team and organization to follow Agile/Scrum practices
- Coach the team to become self-organized
- Help the team assess their current ‘Scrum Maturity’ and move to next level
- Improve transparency within the team
- Remove team impediments or identify the right person within the organization that can help remove team impediments
- Build a safe and trusting environment where conflicts can be managed in a healthy way without fear of blame
- Be responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Managers on Agile/Scrum practice
- Facilitate to get the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate in discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external team communication, improve transparency, and bring visibility to information radiators
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Leadership in product backlog grooming activities
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and lead by example
Required Skills and Experience:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years within a software development organization that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, SAFe etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience applying Agile frameworks to infrastructure related projects
- Prior experience as a team lead
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant job experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Scrum Master
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US