Senior Software Engineer-QueryGrid
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204984
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
The QueryGrid Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the QueryGrid product.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new QueryGrid features.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- Support and resolve customer issues.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience programming with Java programming language gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience.
- Experience with SQL and database technologies including a thorough understanding of database logical and physical design concepts
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional preferred skills:
- Knowledge of database system internals, especially focusing on extensibility features
- Knowledge of data integration
- Database administration experience
- Knowledge of network protocols and operation
- Experience in Cloud environment
- Extensive experience and strong interest in open source technology stack
- Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP and Scrum
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer-QueryGrid
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US