Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204935
Position Title: Project Manager (IV)
For 40+ years, Teradata has been changing how the Megadata companies of the world use data and analytics to achieve better outcomes. Teradata delivers real-time, intelligent answers, leveraging 100% of the relevant data, regardless of scale or volume of query. We do it on-premises, in the cloud, and anywhere in between.
This is an exciting time to join Teradata, as we go through a number of transformations:
- Building out our Vantage data and analytics platform together with valuable apps
- Offering on-prem, private & public cloud options
- Offering as-a-service and consumption-based options
- Maturing our Lean/Agile development approach
We have a winning vision and strategy, and there is great energy in the team!
We are looking for capable and passionate program managers to own and drive end-to-end product development, from ideation through implementation and adoption, in a cross-functional, fast-paced and highly-technical environment.
Our program managers provide an effective execution framework to enable our teams to predictably deliver valuable and high-quality products and services.
Our program managers ensure alignment and transparency between stakeholders and the team and foster a positive and collaborative environment.
- Shepherd ideas from concept into development, ensuring the value propositions and business models are clear and validated
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, Architects, Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure there is a properly prepared backlog
- Ensure the team is staffed and funded for success, and operates within budget
- Facilitate planning, scrum-of-scrum, status, and review meetings
- Support the team with data views of timelines, completion, quality, and tech debt
- Work with Customer Support, Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure customers adopt and are delighted by our releases, with issues quickly resolved
- Identify and rapidly retire risk and uncertainty
- Eliminate and manage dependencies with a focus on Lean flow
- Ensure we integrate and get user feedback early and often
- Conduct retrospectives and RCAs, and follow up on actions
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Scrum Masters
- Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum eight years of experience as Program/Project Manager or Scrum Master
- Experience leading medium-to-large scale programs with cross-functional stakeholders using an Agile development approach
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Tech savvy with prior experience as a developer or tester
- Experience with cloud technology and delivering software-as-a-service
- Experience leading programs with global teams
- Experience using, and deep understanding of, Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Excellent influencing, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US