Manager, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204871
Position Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Corporate Planning Manager will be a critical addition to the Corporate FP&A Organization to lead the global annual and strategic planning processes, assist in building out and enhancing analytical capabilities, and add data driven financial intelligence to the business leaders and senior executives.
The role will partner closely with regional finance organizations, corporate infrastructure finance, Executive PMO Organization, Strategy and Corporate Development Organization to drive holistic alignment of planning strategy, timely and cohesive execution management, and continuous monitoring and management of corporate FP&A process improvements.
The role will also work on developing and enhancing corporate financial package to identify leading and lagging indicators to proactively identify and manage the business risks and opportunities.
A critical and out-of-the box thinker with strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills to help build out a structured, insightful and value-add Corporate FP&A Organization. A motivated, self-driven finance professional with 8+ years of FP&A experience in mid to large size high tech companies, with strong focus on Corporate Planning management experience.
- Understand overall corporate planning strategy and manage annual and strategic long-range processes with clear timelines and structure.
- Manage the monthly forecasting and annual planning processes
- Maintain and publish close/forecast and plan calendars.
- Assist in preparing the monthly Leadership Team and Board financial packages.
- Develop insightful financial analytical packages to help identify and manage business risks and opportunities.
- Design financial models and analyze historical, current, and projected financial data to support corporate planning, forecasting activities.
- Work with global finance community to communicate and align on monthly and quarterly updates and changes.
- Continuously monitor and improve current processes to streamline and scale.
- Create and maintain an environment of personal accountability that encourages ownership of issues and standards of excellence.
- Be a leader and driver of change management
- Bachelors degree in Finance, MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years related work experience, with minimum of 3-5 years of global corporate planning management in a lead role in a medium to large size high-tech company.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships.
- Strong leadership qualities to influence and lead cross-functional and global finance communities.
- Proven track record of continuously monitoring and improving processes to enable scalable finance organization.
- Excellent reporting, analytical and modelling skills with ability to clearly summarize and present findings to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Business savvy with ability to identify business critical issues to deep-dive.
- Highly proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of ERP, Data Warehouse, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting theory, GAAP/IFRS
- Experience in SaaS companies.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US