Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204858
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Location: San Diego HQ
Teradata’s Global Support Organization is looking for a ServiceNow Developer who will implement, enhance, and maintain the vision of process improvement and workflow automation to provide our customers with best-in-class user experience. You will work closely with our ServiceNow Architect to help drive use cases and requirements to solutions for initiatives relating to change management modernization, service analytics, remote support automation, phone home alerting, automatic incident creation, event-triggered diagnostics, and more. You’re ideally ITIL certified and have a fundamental understanding of IT Service Management and ITIL business processes. You will utilize your proven experience in ServiceNow application customization using client scripts, business rules, and UI Scripts. You should also be able to create, administer, and manage Workflow Configurations.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver on Teradata’s cutting-edge vision of remote support and service automation, aiming to enhance the overall customer support experience
- Ownership – our ServiceNow team will be small but mighty – you’ll have a direct impact on the finished product
- Goal Oriented – you’ll be developing against solution roadmaps and business requirements while driving to meet implementation milestones
- Lead by Example – your experience in best-in-class development practices and processes will show subject matter expertise
- Develop integrations with ServiceNow using LDAP, CMDB, Discovery, mid-server, and web-services
- Workflow Development – ServiceNow Orchestrator, Flow Designer, Integration Hub, and Workflow Editor
- Requirements Analysis – Test, analyze, collaborate, and assist with translating business requirements into technical specs to ensure smooth implementation of new enhancements, applications or modules
- Best Practices – Develop, test, analyze, and certify all changes to the ServiceNow platform according to industry best practices
- Change Management – Adhere to Teradata policies and procedures around testing, new application development, and all instance upgrades
- Testing – Update & maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all workflows for use after the upgrade completes
- Executive Presence – you’ll need to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly
- Partnering – You’ll work with various Teradata business process owners to deliver the highest quality product
- Keep your Skills Sharp – Remain current on ServiceNow features and best practices as well as industry trends including ITIL and ITSM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or another related field
- 3+ years of ServiceNow development experience
- 3+ years of experience configuring and demonstrating solutions in the ServiceNow platform
- Thorough understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with key ServiceNow integration solutions: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SOAP, SCP, FTPS
- 3+ years of software engineering experience (Java, Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc.), PowerShell, SaaS applications, network operations (networks, protocols and email [SMTP, POP3])
- Experience developing in an enterprise-level Agile SDLC environment
- Demonstrated ability to not only develop in ServiceNow but to problem solve and troubleshoot to provide user support
- ServiceNow Admin Certification
- Experience developing on ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM)
- ITIL Certification
- Knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and relational databases
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: ServiceNow Developer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US