Regional HR Delivery Leader - Americas
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204767
Position Title: Manager, HR Regional Partners
Purpose of the Role
This role is a key member of the HR Leadership team, responsible for leading the Americas human resources delivery team to provide full spectrum human resources activities that will strengthen culture, improve operations, performance and enhance engagement within the region. The role is the primary point of escalation within the region and collaborates with HR Centers of Excellence and Global HR Business Partners in support of people leaders and employees within the region.
- Work as a part of a global delivery team to ensure a standard and consistent harmonized approach to deploy and execute HR programs, processes, and policies
- Participate as a member of the HR Leadership Team representing input for the Americas region. Establish a strong alliance and partnership with the HR Business Partner team to ensure execution on people strategy for each line of business and to ensure the voice of the business from the field is represented
- Lead a team of HR delivery professionals
- Ensure high touch, results-oriented interactions with employees and managers
- Provide coaching and development to fuel performance and careers
- Plan and measure individual work and business outcomes
- Serve as an expert on the regional needs; provide input into global programs, policies, and initiatives; identify representatives from the business to participate in pilots, focus groups, cross-functional teams, and change advocacy programs
- Develop deep expertise about human resources programs, including talent management, total rewards, benefits, talent acquisition, and workforce analytics; Lead regional implementation planning; Champion programs and facilitate program workshops
- Plan change adoption across the region by analyzing stakeholders, building a coalition, planning ways to overcome resistance, managing communication plans, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring high touch, results-oriented interactions with employees and managers; execution of programs, policies and initiatives within the region
- Participate in interview and selection of leaders (at Director and below levels)
- Understand labor laws, legislation, employment practices, and policies and ensure compliance within the region; Dialogue with social partners/works councils
- Ensure human capital practices are followed within the region, including efforts to improve data quality, consistent interpretation of policy, compliance with program/policy requirements
- Provide oversight and guidance of complex employee relations issues and investigations below senior leadership level; Counsel management on appropriate actions to mitigate and prevent risk
- Effectively analyze and use data to inform and measure regional delivery outcomes
- Support M&A, integrations, reorganization and workforce reduction activities within the region
- In partnership with the Talent organization and Global HRBP’s, enable development of emerging leaders through coaching and development efforts.
- Minimum of 10+ years related HR leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred in HR or relevant field
- Managing a regional portfolio with cultural, functional and geographic nuances
- Successful leadership of a regionally disbursed team
- Broad and deep operational HR knowledge including operational, employee relations, total rewards, talent acquisition, talent management etc.
- Deploying multiple complex programs across multiple lines of business, in a highly matrixed originations
- Regional compliance (US, Canada, Latin America); understanding of labor laws, employment practices and policies
- Legal mediation, building proactive, healthy relationships with regional labor organizations or works councils
- Deep knowledge of legal implications of the employment laws in the Americas region (US, Canada, Latin America)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and pivot quickly
- Strong execution - overcomes setbacks and drives outcomes
- Ability to move between planning and execution activities easily
- Excellent communications skills at all levels of the organization; ability to work through challenging conversations and make tough but fair decisions
- Proven ability to maximize relationships at all levels within the organization; influences and gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity, and communicates effectively
- Exemplifies Teradata’s values: Dig Deep, Aim High, Rise as One, Raise our Customers and our World
- Willing to travel – up to 15%
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Regional HR Delivery Leader - Americas
Job Category: Human Resources
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US