Product Support Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204550
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (II)
Product Support Engineer
We are looking for a GSC Product Support Engineer who will work as a part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company. The role is an individual contributor position, a high degree of ownership, interaction, and teamwork is required to be effective in the role. The GSC Product Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with Teradata Client Applications. He or She is responsible for providing support to customers, delivering technical analysis for Teradata Application Management deliverables, answering complex questions on function and usage of product. The GSC Product Support Engineer is also responsible for possessing thorough knowledge of the Teradata Applications and improving the current Teradata Application software releases.
Specific duties include:
- Work with Service Support Managers (SSM) and Customer Support Representatives (CSR) in delivering technical analysis for customers who utilize our Client Applications offering.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Teradata Applications products in order to effectively and efficiently support customers.
- Effectively interact with Teradata Engineering and Technical Support peers to report, troubleshoot and repair defects in the current product releases.
- Handle highly complex technical customer issues as they are escalated from other areas of the organization.
- Effectively manage internal and external customer expectations to ensure satisfaction with Customer Services offerings.
- Ensure that every customer is treated professionally and with respect.
- Assist in the technical mentoring of additional team members.
- Log, research, and accurately resolve customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner, meeting and exceeding SLAs as outlined for customers in the Teradata Applications Customer Services Handbook or value added offerings.
- Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure the customer remains satisfied.
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Applications Customer Services Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to the advancement of Team Teradata Applications goals.
If you believe in success and making it happen, we’d like to talk with you. Please compare your background to the qualifications below and apply right away. Be sure to include your salary requirements so that we can fully consider your interest.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required (Informatics & Computing or software engineering related preferred)
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in directly supporting external software applications
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Knowledge of Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server & HTML required
- Working experience with LINUX and other OS environments
- Networking abilities required
- Proven experience debugging and troubleshooting software-related issues.
- Proven experience with SQL and relational database concepts
- A strong aptitude for customer service
- External customer facing experience in a software support environment
- Java and C# programming knowledge is a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to make an impact on an organization
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communication skills (listening, written, and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a small to mid-size team environment
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN