Senior Software Development Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204547
Position Title: Engineer (III)
The Software Development Engineer will become a member of the IntelliCloud team responsible for implementing, unit testing and support of the Teradata Database Backup and Restore (BAR) software solutions and Enterprise APIs at scale. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members to create & support cross-platform solutions that will work with Third-party BAR applications, Teradata Web Application Portal and Teradata Database technology platforms, AWS, Azure & other platforms.
- Responsible for development and unit testing, database access, integration testing using Agile Development technique
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and various stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- Good programming skills in C++
- Working knowledge of core java
- Working knowledge of Agile Development as well as Continues Integration/Deployment Methodologies
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs
- Basic knowledge of Web/HTTP/SSL and SQL
- Familiar with concepts relating to application performance - algorithms, profiling, troubleshooting
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US