Software Engineer – Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204509
Position Title: Engineer (II)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) is a high performance, scalable backup and restore solution optimized for the Teradata MPP Architecture. It works in conjunction with Teradata Viewpoint portlets to give a seem-less user experience for managing the Teradata Analytics Platform.
This software engineer product developer position is responsible for all phases of software development life cycle from software design through customer support. They will develop new technologies around Backup, Archive and Restore in On Prem, Public and Private Cloud Environments and have input to standards, specifications and tools around which the team will operate.
Skills and Attributes
- Fluent in C/C++, Python and debugging in Linux with gdb.
- Working understanding of implementing and supporting Enterprise Software that requires knowledge of parallel programing, locking, SQL and RDBMS concepts and best practices.
- Experience with Agile Scrum framework and methodologies, preferably in an enterprise software development environment
- Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels within a team environment of engineers, architects, and management.
- Attention to detail in making analytical judgements using factual and qualitative information from multiple sources.
- Strong desire for taking ownership of work that spans multiple product groups
- Displays a curiosity and willingness to learn by filtering, prioritizing, analyzing and validating complex issues
- Willingness to support, guide and grow team members
- Starts with customers and work backwards. Shows deep empathy for customers, sets high standards and achieves the impossible on their behalf.
- Solves customer problems through innovation, relentless simplification and reuse. Looks for ideas everywhere. Stays attuned to the best in industry.
- Thinks like an owner and acts on behalf of the entire company. Doesn’t let organizational boundaries get in the way.
- Delivers commitments on time with highest quality. Demonstrates speed as a habit and has a bias for action.
- Finds ways to learn and evolve, is curious, dives deep and asks questions. Always knows the details.
- Continuously raises the bar on the quality of experience to our customers.
Required Experience and Education
US Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 1-3 years of related job experience
US Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 0 years of related job experience
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego).
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer – Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US