Project Management Team Lead
Location: MUNICH, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 204167
Position Title: PS Partner (II)
Project Management Team Lead (m/f/x)
The Project Team Leader is responsible for leading a team within a Geo territory. The team is virtual team of 7-9 persons consisting of Project Managers responsible for managing the delivery of Teradata consulting and service engagements. Project execution is responsible for the success of Teradata engagement delivery by developing the delivery capabilities of its practitioner consultants and by leveraging proven processes, methods and tools to deliver service engagements for customers.
The Project Team Leader is responsible for developing the delivery capabilities of the practitioner consultants and for the successful and consistent use of appropriate delivery approaches within the team. The Project Team Leader is responsible for coaching, developing, and supporting the team reporting into him/her. He/she is also expected to also be personally involved in deliveries within the Geo.
The Project Team Leader reports to the Project Execution Leader for the GEO CENTRAL.
Specifically, the person will:
- Lead a virtual CENTRAL-based team of 7-9 individuals that will align with our Project Execution GEO Lead on the use of common processes, methods and tools to drive high and consistency quality in how we deliver our engagements to customers
- Satisfy customers, increase business opportunities and improve financial results
- Mitigate delivery risk for Teradata and its Customers
- Improve delivery execution to plan
- Minimize services cost-of-quality
- Maximize delivery efficiency and automation
- Differentiate Teradata through superior delivery methodologies
- Drive an innovation culture that promotes new thinking and that enables continuous development and improvement of how we do business
- Support and promote the full utilization of corporate systems and processes
- Deliver 60% personal chargeability from client-based engagements.
This position implies frequent interactions with the customers, working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office & customer site. Travel up to 60% is expected.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- PMP / IPMA / Prince or similar certification is an advantage.
- Have 5+ years industry experience;
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business
- Deep insight into the Teradata offerings and service portfolio is needed, as well as deep understanding of the customer’s business and industry
- Be able to lead, manage, motivate and coach an extended team of subject matter experts and practitioners throughout a multi-country organization
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and personal development of both themselves and of the extended teams that they manage;
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Acknowledgement and experience in transformation processes, being able to lead change management initiatives.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Management Team Lead
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: MUNICH, Bavaria DE