Services Account Manager
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204135
Position Title: Services Account Manager IV
Position Title: Services Account Manager (Sam)
The Services Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for driving awareness, consumption and profitability for our services offerings. As part of our Customer Support and Services organization, this position will serve as the primary pre-sales expert in the positioning of our CS&S portfolio for customers and will partner closely with commercial colleagues to ensure field engagement and commercial success.
You will be responsible for managing a territory to the business objectives including pipeline and order. You will work with an integrated Account Team focusing on account planning to identify customer needs and business opportunities. You will be viewed as the expert in Teradata’s Optimize and Manage service solutions and work directly with the Customer to position, scope, and develop winning proposals. Your role will require you to negotiate terms, SLAs and penalties while managing the Solution P&L to margin targets.
- As an integrated member of the customer account team(s), this role is primarily responsible for driving growth across Teradata’s business, specifically focusing on the Optimize and Manage portfolio. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships in account planning, positioning, selling and negotiating the services portfolio with customers. In doing this, this role will focus on:
- Expanding services into existing accounts to drive further growth,
- Positioning an integrated service portfolio with new customers who may not already be service consumers (new customer or existing),
- Leveraging the entire ecosystem during renewal planning and discussions
- Responsible to serve as the Subject Matter Expert during the development of territory or account strategies to ensure offers enable maximum business value realization, drive customer satisfaction, consumption and growth through Service solutions.
- Develop strong partnerships as a member of the Customer Account Teams to qualify opportunities and position services based upon the Customer’s current business objectives and long-term needs.
- This includes solution development for customer’s complete Analytical Environment including Third-Party solutions for BI/DI/Open Source and Applications for both On Premise and Cloud, as well as
- Platform Maintenance, Installation, and Implementation Services,
- End to End Production Management including SLA Management,
- Application Sustainment
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and competitive positioning.
- Responsible to develop the full Statement of Work (SOW), Profit and Loss Statement (P&L), manage bid review process. and account plan updates across the entire customer ecosystem.
- Ensure booking ARR targets are met.
- Partner with the Global Offer Management team to update and modify service solution definitions and Customer documents as needed.
- Lead field enablement from deployment and field education perspective
- Demonstrated sales services experiences
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities.
- Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
- Direct experience and strong familiarity with cloud services and technical architectures
- Direct experience with Outsourcing services for Platform, Operations and Application Management
- Outsourcing experience leading the positioning, scoping (on and off-shore solutions) and developing Outcome based SOW with SLA’s/Penalties
- Experience in data warehousing architectures, development and solutions
- Familiarity with industry standard methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work successfully at the intersection of business and technology and translate/communicate across both.
- Fluent in MS Excel, must be able to navigate detailed P&L modeling worksheets, project and calculate prospective margins, and be savvy in making trade-offs within the offer to optimize gross margin.
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly.
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technologies (e.g. Netezza, Oracle, Exadata, Teradata, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale BI technologies and open sources
- Basic knowledge of and experience with sales life cycle processes and best practices
- 5-10 years of experience with support, managed services and transaction services including installation, project and contract management, data migration, backup and recovery, business continuity and software implementation
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong commercial and business acumen and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values.
- Be highly collaborative, organized, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
- Preferable multi-languages knowledge
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Services Account Manager
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB