IntelliCloud Network Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204110
Position Title: Systems Architect (V)
We’re seeking a Cloud Network Architect to join our IntelliCloud organization. You will leverage your technical acumen to design, implement, and support our Hybrid Cloud platform. You will make a great match because you understand about owning a service from end to end, can prosper in highly distributed and dynamic environment, and enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline, your passion for exploring new technologies that help improve our overall innovative environment.
• Design, deploy, and support new and existing environments.
• Lead cross-functional teams to achieve small to medium-sized network projects.
• Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
• Author and update network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets.
• Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to Network management, including process and operational efficiency improvements.
• Monitor and tune network configurations to proactively identify and eliminate potential issues.
• Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
• Interact and collaborate with other architects and subject matter experts, including presentations to management and executives.
• Work with and mentor team members to grow overall knowledge across team.
• Work with Product Management to develop and define technical requirements.
• 2+ years’ experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Configuration Automation (Scripting with Python / GoLang / Bash or DevOps tools like Ansible / Terraforms / Puppet)
• 8+ years Networking experience, including LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, VxLAN, Spanning Tree, multicast, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
• 3+ years’ experience with Firewall and Local / Global Load Balancing technologies.
• 3+ years’ experience of production environments supporting SaaS offerings, operational strategies, and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
• Experience in architecting High Availability systems in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
• Experience and knowledge of WAN optimization appliances, and network monitoring tools/suites such as SolarWinds Orion and Wireshark.
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strategic and critical thinker, ability to see the big picture and develop roadmaps.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science or equivalent degree.
• Working knowledge of Cisco technologies, including ACI and Nexus platforms.
• Knowledge of Teradata products and platforms.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• CCIE, CCNP, or CCDP certifications.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IntelliCloud Network Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US