IT Operations Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203851
Position Title: IT Systems Analyst (I)
The IT Operations Business Analyst will aid in IT operations processing, analysis, and reporting. The analyst will work with all areas of IT to make sure operations run smoothly, metrics are visible and available to IT management and teams, helping to drive improvements in all areas of IT and in the operations and projects undertaken by IT. The successful candidate must have experience with, and be able to understand, complex systems featuring global IT solutions, large data sources, various reporting tools, and participate in operations processing delivering consistent observations and solutions. The IT Operations Analyst will collaborate with IT leadership, program and project teams, and application managers to ensure a stable and responsive environment. A solid technical foundation is required for this position as well as an ability to communicate clearly and concisely within IT and across functions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supports IT in the processing and analysis of financial transactions
- Helps to facilitate various operational processes, including procurement, provisioning of licenses, demand management, change and releases, and reporting.
- Helps to drive the Definition of metrics and Reporting for the IT organization in all areas of IT – Management, Applications, Infrastructure, Operations, Procurement, Services, Projects, etc.
- Champions the importance of global standards and processes
- Assists in the establishment of a common framework from a host of applications and tools that presents a clear view of IT’s finances, resources, performance, and quality
- Works on the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the reporting services, solutions, procedures, and processes
- Delivers reports per defined schedules and ad hoc as fits the businesses needs
- Collaborates and works with Applications, Network, Architects, Data Managers, to identify opportunities for improvement
- Supports financial and operational audits and audit teams with research, inquiries and evidence
- Provides advisory services based on experience in processing, supported with findings and metrics
- Assists with the maintenance and implementation of various standards and process improvements throughout IT
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in technology, or 5+ years’ experience
- 2-5 years’ analytics and reporting experience
- Experience with the Office 365, SharePoint Online, PowerBI, SAP BOBJ, ServiceNow Performance Analytics, Oracle EBS, Workday, and SolarWinds
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise applications
- Ability to coordinate with multiple IT teams and cross-functionally in the business.
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL practices
- Excellent coordination & communication skills are a must.
- Ability to push back/escalate effectively
- Experience in working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with IT controls
- Should be a self-starter and self-driven with strong sense of ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Multiple technical disciplines are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Skype, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
- Experience working in a geographically disperse, multi-national/cultural environment
- Sound experience in analytics, reporting standards, and process development.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IT Operations Business Analyst
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US