Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 203845
Position Title: PS Consultant (I) - SIP
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Applies background to marketplace, prospect and customer initiatives including focus on one or more of (A) presales activities, (B) post-sales delivery activities, or (C) a hybrid of both presales and post-sales activities. These may include for example:
- Generates internal and external marketplace awareness and works with account teams to help develop interest in application(s) and Teradata’s design and implementation expertise.
- Supports specific applications solutions sales motions including discussions, demonstrations and presentations.
- Participates in (or may own) proof of concept and benchmarking to prove the viability of new solutions to clients; scoping and estimating; and in post-sales delivery of specific requirements, solution and detailed design, development, and testing – of installations/configurations, implementations, and upgrades
- Provides leadership in utilizing a defined application methodology to integrate the application into the customer environment.
- Utilizes existing collateral, artifacts, and best practices and helps harvest / capture new materials and promotes their use.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led, and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Enthusiasm, passion and interest in data analytics and applications.
- In depth knowledge of the application architecture.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in, the integration of relevant applications.
- Experience with applications operating on-premise and/or within a cloud service
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives and methodologies
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture.
- Skill / knowledge of relevant applications, business value and the business domain including industry experience in supported industries.
- Experience with application solutions, preferably Teradata’s, and appreciation of security and operating systems.
- Knowledge of SQL, data modelling and testing approaches.
- Knowledge of applications, such as campaign management, demand chain management, and analytics which can be driven from these applications.
- In depth knowledge of the application implementation methodology.
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
- Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
The Salary Range for this position is:$73,300 - $108,400
Please note this is a temporary (fixed term) position for 6 months with possible extension
Please state your Australia Citizen/Visa status on your resume.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Application Consultant
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU