Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 203824
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
Cloud Architect, Global Delivery Center
The Global Delivery Centers (GDC) consist of over 2400 consultants delivering the full portfolio of Consulting services to Teradata customers globally. This position will report to the GDC Head of Architecture & Design Practice. Location: Pune, India.
The Cloud Architect leverages broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as AWS, Azure and Google to architect custom solutions that meet the business and security needs of the customer. The Architect will work in conjunction with Solution Engineers (SE) and Solution Architects (SA) to develop analytic solutions in the cloud that include Teradata Vantage cloud offerings as well as third party components such as Analytic, Business Intelligence and Data Integration tools to deliver Pervasive Data Intelligence to our customers.
The Architect is responsible for identifying and architecting Test Drives, Proof of Concept (POC), and production engagements on public cloud. This includes input into new “as-a-service” packages in areas such as analytics, database, and platform that leverage public cloud environments and support internal developers and external partner solutions.
The Architect will provide expertise to the SE in the definition and design of cloud and/or hybrid architecture solutions, and oversight of the implementation of solutions that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on business, information, application, and system requirements. The Architect is highly consultative and always seeks to first understand the customer requirements.
The Architect will contribute to developing cloud skills within the organisation, including development through mentoring of resources throughout the GDC. This will include providing both architectural expertise and implementation guidance to Architects and delivery teams. The candidate should demonstrate excellent customer facing skills to represent Teradata within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel. He/She should have a strong technical background that enables him/her to easily interact and give guidance to the customer team. He/she will demonstrate an ability to think strategically about business, product, service, and technical challenges.
Successful candidates will –
- Be a credible thought leader in discussion on public/hybrid cloud solutions with customers and analysts;
- Work collaboratively with Solution Architects and Solution Engineers to support customer and account teams in migrating to, and developing new analytic solutions on public cloud environments
- Engage with senior business leaders to understand and shape their goals and objectives and their corresponding information needs and analytic requirements;
- Work with Teradata Consulting and Account teams to learn and discuss latest technology trends in cloud, identify opportunities for Cloud deliveries, and engage GDC Architecture & Design Practice to support pre-sales or deliveries.
- Work with Teradata consulting teams to gather and document client requirements, and translate them into process and system architecture designs and ready-to-order configurations;
- Earn the right of being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in cloud offerings;
- Contribute to the financial objectives of Teradata account teams through business development, demand creation and billable consulting activities.
- Participate in the development and curation of architecture assets that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Teradata account and consulting teams;
- Provide thought leadership and share their hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions;
- Have at least one year’s recent hands-on experience with architecting and delivering Cloud solutions in the context of Data & Analytic Ecosystem (BI, DWH and Big Data) in the public cloud arena
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends that are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Develop and mentor colleagues and peers throughout the GDC organization;
- Be the “Face of GDC” in presenting Teradata’s cloud roadmap, project use cases and reusable assets to customers and regional leaders visiting the GDC offices.
- Help and provide technical direction to GDC projects on cloud related matters.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Have broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as AWS, Azure and Google and demonstrated capability to architect and design custom public / hybrid cloud solutions that meet the business and security needs of the customer;
- AWS/Azure or Google Cloud Certification as a Solution Architect Associate/Professional or deemed to have equivalent experience;
- Expert level knowledge and working experience of a variety of cloud products and services (e.g. Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EMR and/or Azure equivalent);
- Significant working knowledge or hands-on experience with cloud SDK and CLI Tools, experience in building / deploying complex infrastructure, and experience in Network design and technical implementation;
- Proven hands-on cloud migration solution design / delivery experience;
- Ability to effectively address data security concepts in public cloud as it relates to customer needs including an in depth understanding of Federated Security / Single Sign On, and IAM;
- Preferred to have familiarity with Teradata’s architecture frameworks, principles and advocated positions and / or have an industry architecture framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA;
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
Terms and conditions
Teradata is firmly committed to growing and leveraging the benefits of diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings to solving business problems. Candidates will be considered solely based on skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. The successful candidate is expected to work from the Teradata facility in Pune, India, but will be expected to travel as needed to meet consulting teams, customers and account teams in-person internationally.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN