Senior Global SEO Strategist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203776
Position Title: Marketing Manager (II)
The Senior Global SEO Strategist is responsible for shaping the SEM (SEO and PPC) capability under the digital marketing practice, reporting directly to the Vice President of Digital Marketing and working out of our San Diego office. You’ll come with a track record of solid SEM management and making decisions based on data, and love working cross-functionally to find creative solutions to the challenge of helping Teradata cut through the cluttered digital search landscape.
You will assist in developing our overall digital SEO strategy and execution. Proactively collaborate across the content creators and marketing organizations, measure the effectiveness of SEO digital marketing efforts – regularly analyzing and creating actionable items based on the company’s digital marketing strategic imperatives.
- Deep strategic understanding of SEO practice
- Hands-on tactical experience with SEO, Display, Retargeting, Paid Social, & Email Marketing
- Conduct keyword research to guide content teams
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Optimize website content, landing pages, and paid search copy based on goals
- Direct off-page optimization projects
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Work with social media and PPC leads to optimize campaigns
- Strong working knowledge/proficiency of Google Tag Manager
- Must possess a proficient understanding of web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Celebrus and their application for measurement across the spectrum of digital marketing initiatives
- Proficiency in SEO tools like BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
- Ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports, and communicate actionable results, findings, and recommendations
- Deep understanding of UX and its connection and impacts to SEO and how to improve
- Experience managing digital marketing networks such as Google AdWords (Search &Display Networks) and Facebook advertising,
- Own SEO implementation through keyword research, title and meta tag selection
- Determine which, if any, tools (i.e., BrightEdge) are needed in-house to accurately monitor, assess, and recommend search performance and enhancement, and balance reporting between internal and agency support.
- Use data to analyze site-level search optimization opportunities for alignment to corporate priorities & increases in site visits from Search engines (deploying keyword expansions, A/B testing, negative keyword management, etc.)
- Consult with various page/section/content owners to optimize content for Search at a deeper page level within our websites
- Take initiative to streamline processes, identify opportunities through exploratory data analysis, and think creatively to contribute value in ambiguous and unstructured problems
- Run reports and explain maximization opportunities, cost pitfalls, and competitive trends for all search engine efforts, using presentation vehicles that are most effective for communication – visualizations, infographics, interactive graphs, and executive dashboards
- Recommend specific, keyword intensive domains to broaden the reach of the company's internet marketing
- Serve as the SEO & SEM subject-matter-expert to entire Digital team during navigation updates/changes
- Consult with International business partners to optimize local listings and search strategies
- Support both pay-per-click/SEM and organic search engine optimization
- Coordinate between paid media and organic site optimization agencies to provide appropriate direction which maximizes the company’s investments in both.
- Relentlessly assess visits and pathing from Search and use advanced clickstream data to optimize the performance of every term which drives qualified traffic, by audience, to our digital properties, both organic and paid.
- Minimum 7-10 years of SEM (SEO/PPC) digital marketing experience, with at least 5 years focused on Search management
- 4+ years’ experience in Search principles (including Local SEO), optimization variables, and metrics
- Experience with advanced Search techniques, tracking/reporting tools, algorithms, analysis and ranking factors
- Experience with web/search analytics tools: BrightEdge, Conductor (or similar), Celebrus, Google Analytics, Google Trends
- Experience with reporting tools: PowerBI and Excel, including formulas, functions, pivot tables and charts
- BFA/BA/BS degree in Marketing, Digital, Communications, Business, Math, Statistics, or similar
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously with many moving parts.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Global SEO Strategist
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US