Data Scientist, Customer Support & Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203768
Position Title: Bus Sys Support Spec (III)
Teradata Customer Support & Services is dedicated to automating and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics. Our vision is to optimize the customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
- Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
- Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
As a member of our team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members to research, design, prototype, test and document novel algorithms and predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making on data and problems. On a daily basis, you will work with massive datasets, which includes data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling, and rapid prototyping. You will present findings to teammates and guide the transition of new algorithms into operational code.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Operations Research)
- 3+ years of related experience gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Prior work and/or research demonstrates experience in the following areas
- Statistics: exploratory analysis, model development and theory
- Data mining: discovery of patterns & signals in data or anomaly detection
- Developing large scale data analytics solutions based on machine learning such as decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case based reasoning
- Natural language processing and text analysis
- Drawing conclusions from data and generating actionable information
- Extensive knowledge of at least one scientific or statistical programming language such as Python (must include SciPy, NumPy, Pandas), Matlab, or R
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience with at least one general purpose, high level programming language such as Java or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
- Experience with Teradata or Aster database technology
- Experience with NoSQL data environments and tools such as Hadoop and/or Spark
- Developing novel analytical approaches and applying them to automatically process data (structured and unstructured) and make decisions in medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist, Customer Support & Services
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US