Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 203731
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
The Test Engineer creates, plans, and executes end-to-end test strategies. The role is aligned with the Testing, Tools & Methods sub-practice. The Test Engineer defines the test strategy, test plans and test case specifications, plans test resources, participates in code reviews, creates or configures the test environment, creates or procures the test data, writes the scripts that will execute the tests, executes test cases, records test case results, documents and tracks defects, and performs test coverage analysis. To fulfill this role, the Test Engineer must develop tests that identify defects as precisely as possible. The objective is to obtain as much test coverage as possible with a minimum set of test cases, repeated rework, and retest. The Test Engineer may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze requirements and specifications and translate requirements into a defined test strategy, test plan, and test specifications.
- Establish expected results based on acceptance criteria and test data for test cases.
- Introduce, optimize, or adapt supporting processes like defect management and configuration management to capture and manage defects, fixes, regression test cycles, and data reloads.
- Create, install, optimize, and administrate the testing environment.
- Create customized or tool generated test scripts to execute and automate test plans.
- Execute the test scripts and test plans and record results.
- Capture and manage defects and fixes. Perform regression test cycles and data reloads.
- Create and communicate test reports, status, and testing information to the project team and Project Manager.
- Test solutions that are located on premises, in the cloud, or functioning in a hybrid environment.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led, and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of testing methodologies, testing strategies, testing tools, test case development, test process management, and defect management.
- In depth knowledge of installing, operating, and administrating test environments.
- Knowledge of the Teradata, Hadoop, and open source environments, database characteristics, ETL processes, and Teradata Applications, a plus.
- Knowledge of configuration management, software engineering, specification methods, and development processes.
- Knowledge of quality management and project management.
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: QA Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ