AMS Ecosystem Practice Leader
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203721
Position Title: Consulting Director (III) - Tech
AMS Ecosystem Practice Leader
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The Ecosystem and Solution Architecture Practice Leader is responsible for defining the strategy and approach that Teradata teams leverage when providing analytical ecosystem solutions to our Customers. Tactically, these strategies encompass three sub-practices: ecosystem architecture, data governance, and information security. In addition to designing the approach and strategy for the global practice, the Practice Leader is responsible for driving the eminence strategy for all practice members, and for supporting the Americas region. This position will report to the VP – Americas Consulting, with dotted line reporting to the VP - Services Operations.
The America’s Practice Lead is the critical link between the Regional Practices. Supported by the ecosystem architecture global offering team, the America’s Lead is responsible for designing and defining the practice strategy that will be implemented across all Regional Practices. The Lead is also charged with building and maintaining a unified Practice, aligned across strategy, capability, talent and asset pillars. Additionally, the Lead will lead the Americas regional practice. Key responsibilities associated with the position:
• Lead Americas ecosystem architecture team and manage its financial performance. The team’s goal is to enable thought leadership in consultative architecture across the Teradata organization both by pioneering and by transferring knowledge across the field while meeting an overall margin target.
• The practice will engage in both billable consulting and pre-sales support to drive the consumption of Teradata products and services.
• Lead the company’s strategy for architecture consulting
• Design and grow Practice eminence strategy to enable market share growth via expansion of preexisting and new customer bases
• Work closely with Strategic Offering Management to develop field-informed offerings and push offerings out to Regional Practices
• Define Americas Practice strategy and associated benchmarks for regional deployment
• Monitor health of Americas Practice against both financial and delivery benchmarks
• Lead the consolidation, development, and dissemination of Practice IP
• Drive cross-regional alignment, knowledge sharing (e.g., capabilities, new IP, etc.), and collaboration throughout the Practice
• Cultivate superior talent within the Practice via the establishment of clear personal and professional growth opportunities at all levels
Own business development and delivery of Americas Practice offerings
• Gather and communicate field requirements to relevant global offer teams
• Define global strategy to be deployed within geographic practices, along with, investment areas for growth
• Help Practice define and support GTM programs by working with SOM, Marketing and Deployment teams on behalf of the field
• Work with Alliances and Partners to deploy offerings and capabilities that align with overall Practice goals
• Act as single-point-of-contact for feedback between, GDC, Labs and Field on priority capabilities to enhance offers and address product quality issues that affect delivery and communicate enhancements to Practice to ensure cross-regional fixes are executed
• “Own and Drive” planning process for the Practice and interlock with the field
• Keep Geo and Services leadership apprised of Practice status
• Align and integrate sub-practices to ensure optimal performance and results
• Monitor the health of delivery quality within the Regional Practices
• Support innovation across Practice by continuously assessing competition, market trends, and automation tools and apply to Practice capabilities and offers when possible
• Monitor health of asset sharing and reuse and drive corrective actions as needed
• Frequently align with regional leaders to enable overall Practice alignment and performance improvement
• Support periodic Practice summits organized to accelerate alignment, capabilities and overall practice effectiveness
• Develop tools and methods that will be used for the delivery of practice offerings
• Responsible for establishing pricing best practices for offerings that are global in nature
• Manage Americas financials to meet annual targets
• Manage the Customer experience
• Assist regional practices as an eminent practitioner in the sales cycle
• Advise practices on best practices in deal structure, SLA’s, contractual terms
Experience, Skills, and knowledge requirements
Proven Practice Leadership
• Proven thought leader with exemplary consultant skills
• Visionary with clear understanding of current state and trends within relevant market
• Leads Change: Knows how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives
• Facilitates and Fosters Collaboration: Engages others and gains participation in collaborative efforts
• Produces Results: Takes ownership of Practice developments and growth, driving execution of results where possible
• Architecture skills: The individual must have strong architecture consultant (or equivalent) experience and have solution implementation experience. Additionally, the architect should be familiar with the concepts utilized within architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, TEAF, FEAF with certification a plus
• Teradata solutions and service offers: Knowledge of Teradata technologies, tools, and services and their application
• Implementation Approaches: Experience of different options for implementation of data and analytics solutions
• Analytics and DW Technologies: Experience building data warehouse, data mart, big data, and analytics solutions
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
• Hands-on professional services delivery experience
• 3+ years Enterprise Architecture or comparable experience, preferred
• Certification in an architecture framework, such as TOGAF, is a plus
• Combined experience in selling and delivery of consulting services at a business and technical level
• Experience driving adoption of highly technical solutions led by a business mindset
• Demonstrated ability to sell and deliver information internally or to customers
• Basic cross-functional understanding of vertical industries (e.g., Manufacturing, Financial, Insurance, Telecommunications, Travel, Retail, etc.) preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present in various situations, from C-level customer meetings to large conference venues
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: AMS Ecosystem Practice Leader
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US