Product Management Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203717
Position Title: Intern-Product Mgt (I Z2)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Teradata IntelliCloud team is growing rapidly in several geographies, and is seeking internship candidates for activities in automation, platform level products and cloud services. This role will actively engage with Engineering, Product Marketing, Presales, Customers, Partners as well as internal Teradata product teams. We are looking for candidates who are interesed in cloud technologies, and As-a-Service delivery models. Product Managers are the owners of their products and services and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products and solutions that our customers need.
As a IntelliCloud Product Management Intern, you will be responsible for the IntelliCloud Service offers. You will contribute, as part of the Strategic Offer Management team, providing strategy and competitive insights for IntelliCloud and Offer development and Product Requirements working with Product SOM. The position is for a highly motivated, creative individual that is goal-oriented, flexible and has strong attention-to-detail and analytical skills. As a Product Management Intern for the Teradata IntelliCloud team you will:
- Work on new capabilities/features or services for Teradata IntelliCloud offerings.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Translate Customer and Market requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams
- Must be pursuing an MBA or BS in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Graduating dates between December 2019 – June 2021
- Experience or familiarity in data-warehousing, data analytics, business intelligence, or offer/product
- Knowledge of Services business
- Critical thinker with ability to research, prove hypothesis and sell ideas for strategic direction.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to mediate in conflict situation
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation/delivery
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Management Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US