Public Relations Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203716
Position Title: Public Relations Specialist (IV)
Teradata, the industry’s only pervasive data intelligence company, is searching for an experienced public relations manager to join its small but mighty global public relations team based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re looking for a communications expert with serious writing skills, a desire for project ownership and a proven record of generating high-impact earned media. The ideal candidate will have a digital-first mindset and know how to take complex technical topics and distill them into stories that result in positive earned media and know how to cultivate relationships with reporters, bloggers, and internal experts. This role requires a broad knowledge of public relations tactics, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage/own multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have a mix of experience as an outstanding writer (journalism or related experience is a plus) and enterprise technology public relations or related communications work history, with a proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Collaborate in a team environment to drive strategic communications initiatives that increase visibility for Teradata’s people, programs, and solutions, while protecting Teradata’s brand and reputation
- Assist in managing domestic and international public relations tactics and strategies, including overseeing (owning) long-term projects across regions as well as day-to-day tasks
- Maintain a strategic mindset when participating in meetings or reviewing content to proactively identify PR opportunities
- Develop compelling written materials (press releases/blogs) for public/media consumption that are on brand, on message, and on deadline
- Proactively pitch stories to media at the local, national and international levels, turning technical topics into compelling business-level stories for a variety of audiences
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with subject matter experts in key areas of the organization
- Work closely with public relations agency and colleagues to drive deliverables
- Help identify industry trends and create compelling news angles that allow Teradata to participate in relevant conversations
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in Corporate Public Relations, Public Relations agency or similar environment
- Additional experience across communication industries, including journalism, enterprise technology/B2B is a plus
- Proven media relations experience, including a successful record of generating earned media and cultivating relationships with reporters
- Proven capacity to understand complex business concepts and communicate those concepts in a concise, easily digestible manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong writing skills across multiple vehicles (including print, online, social media, etc.) and types (including press releases, bylines, FAQs, social media content, plans, reports, etc.)
- First-rate editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team while driving ownership of complex tasks and projects
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations Manager
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US