Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 203677
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (I Sr)
Providing Administrative support for customers on Linux/Unix/Hadoop platforms. Typically, these customers may have 24/7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work in shifts and be on-call to support customer site/s per contractual obligations.
The Linux/Unix/Hadoop Administrator manages and controls the Linux/Unix/Hadoop System environment for Teradata customers. The Linux/Unix/Hadoop Administrator requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the Linux/Hadoop System, including user/group management, installation of software packages, network, day-2-day system administration activities and hardware.
- Minimum experience of at least 2 years in Managing and Supporting Production Linux/Unix environments in any of the Linux distributions (RedHat-5.x/6.x/7.x, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10SP*/11SP*, Ubuntu Server LTS-10.04/12.04/14.04, Debian OS)
- 1-2 years of experience in Scripting Language (Shell/Python/Perl). Should be proficient in shell or python scripting
- At least 2 years of experience on System Administrative activities like –
- Good knowledge on Linux/Unix basic commands, UNIX pipes, Redirection, Command Chaining.
- Administration and Management of Linux file systems i.e. ext3/ext4/xfs & swap space management.
- Administration and Management of LVM.
- Knowledge about file system concepts. Good to have knowledge on distributed file system or parallel file system.
- User and Group Management including LDAP & NIS. UID, GID & sticky bit management.
- User/Group Access Control including sudoers.
- Good Understanding about Linux OS environment variable settings.
- Good knowledge on diagnostic & troubleshooting utilities/commands in Linux.
- Knowledge about iptables & selinux.
- Good Knowledge on configuring SSH, FTP, SCP & Password less environment creation between Linux hosts.
- DNS & DHCP server & client configuration.
- YUM package management including creating and maintaining local http based YUM repository.
- Performance tuning i.e. Kernel parameter tuning.
- NTP server & client configurations.
- Networking Configuration including NIC bonding & understanding about TCP/UDP.
- Knowledge on storage protocols (NFS/iSCSI & SAN).
- 2+ years of Experience in System Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia and Cacti etc.).
- 1+ years of experience in Linux configuration management automation tools. (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- 1+ years of experience on IT ticket/incident/change management systems.
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience on Hadoop Cluster build, configuration, management & monitoring.
- Experience on SAN Storage Systems
- Experience on supporting JAVA based applications.
- Understanding of Java Virtual Machine concepts.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Linux/Unix Administrator
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH