Life Sciences - Industry Consultant - Eastern Region
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania US
Requisition Number: 203662
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
Life Sciences - Industry Consultant
Business Led, Technology Enabled
Are you passionate about making companies smarter? We empower companies to achieve sustained high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale on an agile data foundation. We are looking for people who share our vision to join our team of more than 10,000 associates around the globe.
As a Business Consultant, you will bring deep knowledge of the Life Science industry (Pharmaceutical / Medical Device) and analytics, develop solutions and leverage your experience and contacts to drive sales of consulting services, repeatable analytic solutions, and Teradata supplied infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively advises and collaborates with account teams to develop sales strategies focused on Business Outcomes. Assures that the account team frames proposals based on those outcomes with product/technology options positioned as enablers.
- Captures business requirements and helps shape the data, technology, process and people capabilities required to sustain analytic offerings.
- Develops and provides content for RFI/RFP responses, concise TCO, value proposition messaging and sales proposals.
- Understands the customer’s business, strategy and key initiatives. Translates the customer’s business needs and requirements into business outcome led proposals supported by Teradata technology and solution offerings.
- Uses financial modeling to demonstrate the value gained by implementing Teradata solutions
- Assists clients in defining a strategy for achieving an improved future state and supporting business cases for the implementation of analytics.
- Interpret the results of the analytical insights and communicate the results to the client in a business context to drive value. Utilize analytic process to identify and propose additional analytic business opportunities.
- Gains trusted advisor status among Provider prospects by demonstrating deep industry domain knowledge and explaining how Teradata solutions can solve their business problems, help them achieve their goals, and grow their revenue.
- Develops reusable assets from customer engagements and to share knowledge within Teradata.
- Mentors other Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse Business knowledge into their specific technical consulting or business consulting expertise.
- Establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the Business.
- Understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse solutions, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Five years of relevant business analytic consulting experience, preferably in directly supporting a client company or with systems integrator
- Experience developing sophisticated and complex business cases.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization where internal relationship building and credibility is critical
- Experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Can successfully identify new business opportunities and respond to them with a defined approach strategy.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Experienced using Business Processes, Business Process Modeling, Business Metrics, and best practices to drive customer success.
- Experienced with performing Business Impact Modeling to measure the value of business impact of new technology and processes across the client’s organization.
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Highly skilled in organizational politics, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Able to clearly and succinctly present business trends, data warehousing, and big data solutions to diverse audiences including media.
- Ability to provide an industry linkage to Teradata solutions whether developed internally or in conjunction with partners and/or system integrators
- Ability to communicate clearly as well as create & deliver customer presentations
- Ability to translate customer needs into solutions
- Ability to work with “C” level executives
- Ability to lead and work in groups
- Willing to travel extensively (an average of 50% of the time) within the US
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Life Sciences - Industry Consultant - Eastern Region
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania US