Industry Consultant - Telecommunications - East Region - Virtual
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 203657
Position Title: Industry Consulting VI
Industry Consultant - Telecommunications
Analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies.
Are you passionate about making companies smarter? Teradata provides end-to-end solutions and services in big data, analytics and data warehousing enabling companies to become a data-driven business. We are looking for people who share our vision to join our team of more than 10,000 associates around the globe.
As an Industry Consultant you will analyze issues, develop solutions and leverage your knowledge and contacts within Telco and Media Entertainment converged sectors to promote out-come driven sales, and Teradata supplied infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with sales teams to develop sales strategies focused clearly on Business Outcomes. Assures that the account team frames proposals based on those outcomes with product/technology options positioned as enablers.
- Demand Creation and Market Vision for the Communication and Media sectors, supporting sales teams throughout the America’s region.
- Develops and provides content for RFI/RFP responses, concise TCO, value proposition messaging and sales proposals.
- Understands the customer’s business, strategy and key initiatives. Translates the customer’s business needs and requirements into business outcome lead proposals supported by Teradata technology and solution offerings.
- Uses financial modeling to demonstrate the value gained by implementing Teradata solutions.
- Assists clients in defining a strategy for achieving an improved future state and supporting business cases for the implementation of analytics.
- Interpret the results of the analytical insights and communicate the results to the client in a business context to drive value.
- Gains trusted advisor status among Telco and Media prospects by demonstrating deep industry domain knowledge and explaining how Teradata solutions can grow their revenue.
- Develops reusable assets from customer engagements and to share knowledge within Teradata.
- Mentors other Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse Telco and Media Business Outcomes knowledge into their specific technical consulting or business consulting expertise.
- Establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the Business.
- Understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse solutions, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Five to Ten years of relevant business analytic consulting experience, preferably in directly supporting a client company or with systems integrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree with traditional telco and media industry knowledge, in a senior marketing role and has a strong point of view and on the long-term direction of the industry.
- Experience in the converged sectors of telco and media advertisement with experience in multi-platform audience measurement.
- An understanding of the telco eco-system and how technology can assist in driving value
- Has demonstrated capabilities in identifying business opportunities and driving them to close.
- Previous P&L responsibility or can show how they grew revenue in an organization.
- Experience developing sophisticated and complex analytical business cases supporting the converged sector of communication and media.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization where internal relationship building and credibility is critical.
- Experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Can successfully identify new business opportunities and respond to them with a defined approach strategy.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Experienced using Business Processes, Business Process Modeling, Business Metrics, and best practices to drive customer success.
- Experienced with performing Business Impact Modeling to measure the value of business impact of new technology and processes across the client’s organization.
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Highly skilled in organizational politics, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Able to clearly and succinctly present Business trends, data warehousing, and big data solutions to diverse audiences including media.
- Master’s Degree
- Understanding of the distributive data architectures
- Experience with Teradata technologies as a user
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 75% is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consultant - Telecommunications - East Region - Virtual
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US