Software Test Engineer-Vantage HA
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203656
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata Product Development Group, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Teradata Product Development Group is a consistent leader in the development of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Teradata’s technology powers the world’s largest and most successful companies. Teradata needs intelligent and driven people like you to help realize it's next wave of innovation in Technology.
Teradata High Availability Software Test Engineer will be a critical part of Teradata Engineering team and responsible for developing/automating test plans and technologies to help develop quality products. Successful candidates will have designed and implemented test procedures (functional, regression, integration & load-tests) required to ensure successful product delivery. They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully Agile and automated Software development and testing process. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player with passion for quality.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Implement/troubleshoot Software Test Automation
• Design & contribute to test automation efforts
• Develop & execute complex test plans including load, failure/recovery and boundary test conditions
• Participate in Agile software development & test processes
• Automate tests
• Analyze and troubleshoot issues and test conditions
• Assist product engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
• Provide & implement recommendations/suggestions to improve testing efficiency
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have principal software development & QA knowledge, analytical skills & ability to plan and organize test procedures. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of programming languages & high-performance data warehousing and computing environments.
- Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position
- BS in CS with 4+ years of Software development and/or test experience, and including but not limited to the following:
- Agile Software Development knowledge
- Proficient in SQL, Java, C,Perl, Python Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Understands cloud deployment strategies (AWS, Azure)
- Test development & automation knowledge of Functional, Integration & GUI tests
- ETL & load test concepts in complex multi-system environments
- Need more than web testing experience
• AWS, Azure, Git, Jira, TestNG
- Test Automation & Deployment experience in Jenkins, Teamcity or related
- RDBMS technologies
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Test Engineer-Vantage HA
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US