Sr. Account Executive - Department of Homeland Security
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 203578
Position Title: Sr Account Executive (V)
Sr. Account Executive – Department of Homeland Security
The Sr. Account Executive is responsible for direct solution sales (orders and revenue) into new accounts – specifically Department of Homeland Security. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products including software, hardware, professional services, and support services. This includes products such as fraud, waste and abuse, regulatory compliance, big data analytics, Cyber solutions and general data warehousing technologies. Specific solutions to be sold depend on industry segment.
• Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities
• Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
• Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model
• Articulate the solution in terms of ROI and TCO to the customer
• Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives and mature sales cycles
• Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
• Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
• Close profitable TERADATA scalable data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
• Understand and articulate the value of Teradata Professional Services
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Some travel may be expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers. Ideal candidate would have intimate knowledge/experience that directly resonates with assigned accounts, especially Homeland Security.
• 5+ years’ experience in selling software & services specifically in the database space. Some technical knowledge of hardware is necessary (other applicable includes ERP sales, Data Transformation sales).
• Demonstrated success in sales. 75%+ success record for making sales goals.
• Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities.
• Government Selling Experience required.
• Experience selling to designated accounts required
• Previous experience selling data warehouse and/or business intelligence solutions.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Account Executive - Department of Homeland Security
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US