Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203577
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level. This role is a working member of the team, with responsibility for the advancement of Teradata Vantage HA products to the next level. This includes design, construction, implementation, test case creation, unit, integration and system level testing and infrastructure support.
The Software Engineer will become a member of the Teradata Vantage HA team. This organization is responsible for implementing design, construction, unit testing and support of the Teradata Vantage HA software solution. The successful candidate will work as a contributing member of the Vantage HA development team to advance the Vantage HA application as a robust, highly available software product that supports and enhances the Teradata database product line.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Design, develop, maintain and support multi-threaded network applications written in C/C++ and executing in a Linux environment
- Participate as a member of a highly productive agile team to advance team goals and objectives
- Leverage in-depth system knowledge to guide, mentor and participate in the development of complex features and functionality, as directed by product owners and architects
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Strong leadership skills and good team player; must be comfortable leading feature development, participating in feature development, and participating in testing developed features, sometimes simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 8+ years working experience in C/C++ programming
- Familiarity with Linux kernel internals
- Working knowledge of complex, multi-threaded network applications in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Linux kernel internals
- Knowledge Bourne class of shell scripting languages (sh, ksh, bash)
- Knowledge of high availability concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with open source
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
- Knowledge and use of code coverage tools and methodologies for Java or C++ (Valgrind; Coverity; GCC/Gcov; or related tools)
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks for C/C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
This position is based in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US