Staff DevOps Engineer- Vantage HA
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203576
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level. This role is a working member of the team, with responsibility for the delivery of Teradata Vantage HA products into the cloud. This includes design, construction, implementation, test case creation, unit, integration and system level testing and infrastructure support.
The DevOps Engineer will become a member of the Teradata Vantage HA team. This organization is responsible for implementing design, construction, unit testing and support of the Teradata Vantage HA software solution. The successful candidate will work as a contributing member of the Vantage HA OPS team to bring Vantage HA into the cloud as a robust, highly available software product that supports and enhances the Teradata database product line.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Key contributor to the delivery of a robust, resilient, quality product into the cloud
- Responsible for full support of the software development lifecycle - application design, development and unit testing, database access, unit/integration testing using agile development techniques
- Design and support products that meet specifications, with high standards in programming quality, style and organization
- Provide internal and customer support of developed applications
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and various stakeholders
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Application performance tuning
- Infrastructure and cloud support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years working experience with Python and/or Java programming, or 5+ years working in a development support role with continuous integration, virtualization and development infrastructure
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure or other cloud service
- Working knowledge of complex, multi-threaded network applications in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management systems
- Familiarity with open source
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
- Knowledge of high availability concepts and techniques
- Knowledge and use of code coverage tools and methodologies for Python, Java or C/C++ (Coverage.py; Valgrind; Coverity; GCC/Gcov; or related tools)
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux kernel internals is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DevOps Engineer- Vantage HA
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US