IT Project Coordinator
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203531
Position Title: IT Project Manager (II)
At Teradata Corporation (TDC), a Project Coordinator is an experienced coordination, logistics, and scheduling professional who is a core member of the IT team. This individual will serve as an Coordinator and Assistant to the head of the IT PMO directly. Facilitating communications and collaboration between assigned business partners and IT on a variety of technical solutions, efforts, and initiatives as prioritized by IT leadership and its business partners as directed by the head of the PMO. This position plays a key role in supporting the implementation of the IT roadmap and the realization of strategic Teradata technology objectives by interacting across multiple levels of the organization and aligning with other departments, personnel and at times with external partners driving TDC’s IT portfolio strategy execution.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve in a Coordination and Logistics support capacity for the head of the IT PMO
- Under the direction of the IT PMO, work on documentation for Leadership members, reporting, MS Teams site (SharePoint) upkeep and population of project materials
- Facilitates and assists PMs in the definition and declaration of project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements
- Actively builds and manages relationships across the organization to promote project success, identify communication opportunities, and foster collaboration and mutual support
- Assists PMs with project plan maintenance, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of financials and resources
- Facilitates alignment between IT and the business on Project Changes and Project Phase advancement
- Manages and administers programs and services owned and operated by the IT organization serving functional areas of the business
- Periodically reports to Senior IT leadership, Portfolio Manager and PMO on state of demands and ideas
- Associate’s Degree in IT, MIS, or Business. Preferred BA Degree.
- Must be a positive, upbeat, friendly team play who is an extremely approachable individual who is used to dynamic work environments.
- Be ready to work onsite in our Rancho Bernardo office; this is not a remote/virtual position.
- Understands business operations and identifies opportunities to leverage technology to increase efficiency or effectiveness.
- Able to facilitate discussions around technology from a business requirements perspective
- Able to effectively communicate technology systems, function and capabilities to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrates strong and highly effective interpersonal skills and able to build and maintaining long-term relationships, coalitions, and networks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to define project scope, gather business requirements and understand functional/technical specifications
- Working knowledge of project lifecycles and project lifecycle methodologies
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to lead with influence across functional groups
- Must be adaptable to change in priorities and approach to business objectives
- AA minimum, preferred Bachelor’s degree – IT, Management Information Systems, or other business-related field
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience in communications, business relationship management, business process analysis, project management, and/or information technology leadership
- Experience successfully working in a dynamic, responsive Program Management, Sales or Business Relationship Management office serving a variety of decentralized customers
- Experience with assessing, rating, prioritizing and managing IT and Enterprise projects
- Experience with the management of multiple vendors, subcontractors including direct and indirect resources
- Project Management Office (PMO) experience
- PMI-SP certification a plus
- Gather and document requirements from business owners and end users
- Accurate scope definition and project justification
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, O365
- Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce and ServiceNow system a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with JIRA tools a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IT Project Coordinator
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US